Dunlops or Pirellis???

MaveR1ck

I'm a B class Rider and it will soon be time for me to get a new set of tires for my Bike. I was set on getting Pirelli supercorsa's until I talked to someone who recommended the new Dunlop GP's. Any reviews of both tires would be appreciated. I am currently on DCIII's so both tires are an upgrade. Which tire has more grip and which will last longer, the Supercorsa or the Dunlops? Please Help !?!:banghead:

barry38

If I were you I'd stick with the Dunlop Qulaifiers. They are more than adequate for anything up to mid pack "A" pace, plus they will last longer and better tolerate heat cycles. In addition, they are much cheaper than race tires.

ronhix

I ran Pirelli for years, know them like the back of my hand and did well racing on them for the last couple years.

I switched the race team over to Dunlop this year after trying aset and falling in love with them. The whole team absolutely love the Dunlops. They grip like crazy and wear like iron. Best bang for the buck by far, in my opinion.

Here's a related thread you may want to check out.
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=7459

MaveR1ck;66907 wrote: Ok...stupid question, the Dunlop Qualifier = the new GP tires that are all over this forum?
No, the Qualifiers are more of a track day / street tire. The Sportmax GP tires are race tires. Personally, I recommend running the best tires you can afford ... i.e. race tires.

daddyo

I have 5 track days on Sportmax GP's with enough tread left for at least another weakend. At B pace I've had no grip issues at all.

rk97

I vote Qualifiers. unless you have a rich uncle or race sponsor, there's no reason to run the same tire in "B" group that the AMA guys run in races.

I think Ron's saying "spend the extra $50 on tires, and you'll save yourself $300 in bodywork when the tires keep you from crashing." And I see his point. it's the cautious route, for a while.

I'd prefer I be what's keeping the bike from crashing, rather than the tires. Every tire has its limit. I'd rather learn to feel that limit approaching sooner than later, when I'm presumably faster, and that much further in over my head.