Dunlops, Perelli, or Bridgestone??????

Prix

If I can get new tires or ask for them for christmas from my family (great present, right?) What would you suggest. I have been running the regular Perelli's I cant think of the name but the street ones, not the super corsa's I dont think. I like them, but want to step up one notch in the tire chain and go with something alittle better, what do you suggest?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm about to give the BT003R's a try, I hear the only down fall is they're not good in the rain...I guess I'll find out for myself...:)

Yank 521

Control Rider
i ran the bridgestone 002 and 003's. like them both. don't know how i would like them now cause i stepped my game up. but last year i couldn't tell the difference between the Pirelli's and bridgestones. now i am running the pirelli race tires and i will say they sure do grip extremely well.

erick1670

I have the Power One/Power Race combo on my 600
209 GP-A on my RC51...... and I like how both feel, thinking to give a try to either the Dunlops slicks or 211GPA....
I stll have Qualifires on my 929 and I dont know they would feel at the pace am going now.

j_fuggin_t

Bucky Badger;137474 wrote: Dunlop D211GPA -- Great tires and Dunlop is a NESBA sponsor so its a win-win
i'm giving these a shot myself, been on pirelli's for 4 years now, was def a tough switch & still not sure if its a perm one..

ZOOK131

I used to run Pirelli Supercorsa's, then I ran BT003R's and they both feel great, the BT's seemed to last longer but the rear did step out on me a couple of times at Barber & CMP (where I crashed because the rear was TRASHED). The Supercorsa's gave me the same confidence from the 1st time till I took them off. I am also thinking about trying the Dunlops because I have heard nothing but good things about them. All of the mentioned brands can perform WAY beyond the average riders capabilities (myself included) so it really becomes a personal choice, find a tire that feels good to you, lasts to your satisfaction and run them till the treads show!!!!:D

Bucky Badger

ZOOK131;137495 wrote: All of the mentioned brands can perform WAY beyond the average riders capabilities (myself included) so it really becomes a personal choice, find a tire that feels good to you, lasts to your satisfaction and run them till the treads show!!!!:D
This man speaks words of wisdom.

I used to run the Pirelli's...but after trying the Dunlops, I just like the feel of them a little more but each person is different and Zook nailed it with the above quote.

Cyclepath

I actually dont know what to say. Some very good responses above.

Find something you trust and stick with it until you are fast enough to blame the tire.

kd83

All comes down to personal choice

Pirelli's for me don't last long enough, haven't run dunlops yet

Like the bridgestone 003's, and also pretty happy with michelins power race/one

BigKid

I am finally about to remove the 211 front that I have ran for 18 track days, still has wear dots and looks half new but im afraid it has to be heat cycled out by now, the rear lasted quite awhile but gave up the ghost long ago on my r1, I did 16 track days on the r1 and the front has been on my SV650 now for 2 more. Bought it last year at the midsummer putnam date. Unfortunately I cant fit a 211 on the SV or I would run them front and rear. I also love the pirelli superbike slicks so I will probably go back to those on the SV now. So, stick stick with what feels good I guess. I like both.

tofstfouru

I used to run Michelin Pilot Powers and loved them because they last forever but grip just isn't there. Switched over to the Dunlop GPA D211 and what a difference in grip and feel. Predictability is a big part of tires and the Dunlop did a great job with putting the power down and not stepping out unexpectedly. Shagged one rear already at Road A and on the second rear but the front even in a soft compound doesn't look to bad. Again like many other people have said here it is all about personal preference and what you want to get out of your tires. Personally I just started running warmers and I don't think that I will ever ride again without them.

nickmick

BigKid;137863 wrote: ...I am finally about to remove the 211 front that I have ran for 18 track days...
good lord I wouldn't have the confidence to run 18 trackdays on one front.

LesPow

Control Rider
BigKid;137863 wrote: I am finally about to remove the 211 front that I have ran for 18 track days, still has wear dots and looks half new but im afraid it has to be heat cycled out by now, the rear lasted quite awhile but gave up the ghost long ago on my r1, I did 16 track days on the r1 and the front has been on my SV650 now for 2 more. Bought it last year at the midsummer putnam date. Unfortunately I cant fit a 211 on the SV or I would run them front and rear. I also love the pirelli superbike slicks so I will probably go back to those on the SV now. So, stick stick with what feels good I guess. I like both.

You had to be running the Medium compound?? For eighteen Td's.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If you like Pirellis...the Diablo Corsa III was the street/track tire that didn't need warmers that many of us liked. They are discontinued and are replaced with the Diablo Rosso Corsa. To take it up a notch above those, but still not full-on race tires, I'd recommend the Dragon Supercorsa Trackday Pro. Not a race tire, but great grip, no warmers needed, and excellent wear. To get more than that, the next step up would be a race tire... I just put 8 days on a set, and they probably could go for 2 more days...