Dyno in Illinois

Trent1098S

I need to find a dyno close to central Illinois.

At Road Atlanta my 1098 developed a bit of an engine issue which occurs only when the throttle is pinned wide open, and in order to test whether any fixes that are done actually work, the bike has to be run WOT. Aside from WOT street runs being questionably objective, the bike isn't licensed or insured for street, and I really don't want the "ticket train" if I got busted making WOT test runs on the street. :)

So a dyno is my best bet at being able to run the bike WOT and see what effects any changes I make are done. Since this may be a "rinse & repeat" activity until I figure out what the root cause is, obviously the closer to me the better.. save time & gas on any repeat visits I have to make...

So ... the question.. anyone know of someone with a dyno close to Peoria IL?

Thanks in advance.

beac83

Trent,

I'll recommend getting a hold of Kevin at Safety First Racing. Several guys have had very nice experiences with him for dyno work. That's where I'm headed this spring to get some choppiness out of my throttle.

Check their web site. There's a suspension seminar on Jan 31, and they are giving away a free dyno tune.

I think there's a dyno in the Quad Cities as well, but not sure about the rep/results.

ThePro8

i've used Safety First. They have a nice Dyno and do a good job. A guy by the name of Mike actually does the dyno.

Nexus

beac83;99537 wrote: Trent,

I'll recommend getting a hold of Kevin at Safety First Racing. Several guys have had very nice experiences with him for dyno work. That's where I'm headed this spring to get some choppiness out of my throttle.

Check their web site. There's a suspension seminar on Jan 31, and they are giving away a free dyno tune.

I think there's a dyno in the Quad Cities as well, but not sure about the rep/results.
Just note that was January 2009...

For sure though Kevin and the Safety First Racing crew does top notch dyno work.

Jeff92

Valley Racing in Beecher, IL. 708-946-1440

If I'm not mistaken, they were racing an 848. Might have some insight into your problems.

beac83

Nexus;99547 wrote: Just note that was January 2009...

For sure though Kevin and the Safety First Racing crew does top notch dyno work.
Oops. I guess I didn't read the fine print. Next time I talk with Kevin, I'll mention that he needs to update the web site.

xlink

I've gone to both Kevin and Matt and they both do an excellent job. It's more about location - Kevin is in Chicago and Matt is in Orion, IL.

Gman97

beac83;99567 wrote: Oops. I guess I didn't read the fine print. Next time I talk with Kevin, I'll mention that he needs to update the web site.
Kevin is no longer involved.

Nexus

Gman97;99794 wrote: Kevin is no longer involved.
That is incorrect. Kevin is still involved in Safety First Racing...

"Next big announcement......I sold the shop side of Safety First Racing.

What does this mean for you?

Not really any big changes. I will still do dyno tuning, suspension work and retail products. I'll still work on bikes...... but only do the stuff I want to do....which won't include sorting electrical problems on old bikes.

After working 70+ hrs a week this year to make no money, you reach the burnout stage. Therefore, I created a win/win situation for the shop. A buddy of mine, George Mack, who owns a successful flat track team...Mack Daddy Racing...needed some more shop space and wanted to get into to doing more aftermarket flat track stuff.

I will continue to do the the sportbike stuff I want to do at the shop and George will focus on flat track stuff.

The phone number will remain the same...847-357-1309 or you can call me on my cell 217-493-3811."

Kevin... lets go to Jennings for Christmas and do some track days. Leave Wed or Thursday as soon as I get that GSXR you have that i keep tearing up.

Flat Track? I want to do that too!