dyno tuner in pennsylvania????

kevin kline

Control Rider
can anyone recommend a good dyno tuner for me in pennsylvania,for my 2007 gsxr 1000 , would like a custom map made, thanks

slowpoke

depending on where you live, you can check out Fast by Ferracci (Willow Grove, PA):

www.fastbyferracci.com

he just did a custom map for me and it's awesome - squeezed out an extra 7bhp w/ a smooth curve. can't say he's as nice as Big K, but depending on where you live, it's an option.

Madski

needasixr;87170 wrote: Kissell's Motorsports in State College does nice dyno work if you are more Central PA.
Are you on crack? They did a crap job on my R1's tune - the A/F was so bad that my bike looked like a diesel truck with any throttle at all, my tail light is permanently "smoked" from all the soot blowing out of the bike, it vibrated and actually ran worse after they were done than with a base map from DJ. They also melted the wiring harness on my 675 early this year - a bunch of tools with a reputation that preceeds them...

Big K is 100% right on Karns - Jason and Dan are da'shit when it comes to taking care of your bike. I thought Jason was going to have a heart attack when he saw the A/F from the Kissell's tune. Kissells is local to me BUT I drag my bike 2 hours each way when it's something I can't do myself to let Karns work on it :rtfm:

TwoTyres

+1 for karns. The best shop in the Harrisburg area.
My bike is there now getting a bunch of work done. very good guys who know their stuff. Jason loves Gixxers and knows all the tricks. you wont be disappointed with the work they do.

Click link below.

Backmarker

Control Rider
Karns for sure.......

I think Jason's 1k is pulling about 190 hp. :wow:

And as for BigKaley.......yea he's cool too....:cool:

RollieManollie

Control Rider
needasixr;87170 wrote: Kissell's Motorsports in State College does nice dyno work if you are more Central PA.
Got to agree with Madski on this - I know of many who have had problems in the past. I think they just need to find someone with experience to run the dyno.

Karnes dyno'ed my bike this year and it produced more power on pump gas then a previous shop's map for U4.2. Big prop's to Karnes!!

Slowninja

Just a friendly reminder that all dynos don't read the same. If you want to see if you gained anything you need to use the same dyno in similar conditions with the same correction factor. We are talking probably 5-10 hp difference which could be from the dyno alone. I've seen cars roll 20 more hp from one dynojet to another dynojet, and those are the most consistant dynos out there.

needasixr

I only saw the results from 3 guys I know, so its a small sample size. They all looked good and all of them were really happy. They all did it the same day though. Probably means they have one guy there who can do it and others who can't. Next time I'm in there getting oil I will give Craig the feedback. Thanks.

RollieManollie

Control Rider
Slowninja;88306 wrote: Just a friendly reminder that all dynos don't read the same. If you want to see if you gained anything you need to use the same dyno in similar conditions with the same correction factor. We are talking probably 5-10 hp difference which could be from the dyno alone. I've seen cars roll 20 more hp from one dynojet to another dynojet, and those are the most consistant dynos out there.
Understood, that's why I didn't give numbers in my post. I could tell the difference just from riding it.

Madski

Slowninja;88306 wrote: Just a friendly reminder that all dynos don't read the same. If you want to see if you gained anything you need to use the same dyno in similar conditions with the same correction factor. We are talking probably 5-10 hp difference which could be from the dyno alone. I've seen cars roll 20 more hp from one dynojet to another dynojet, and those are the most consistant dynos out there.
Very true, comparing dyno results from different shops is a fool's errand - but in this particular case you have a shop with a track record of shoddy work and crap results. Also things like a/f numbers are fairly reproducible as is the clear evidence of poor tuning in the way the bike runs.
From what I've seen Karn's dyno is a bit on the conservative side and Kissell's is optimistic. It's easy to make people happy by hitting a few buttons and making the dyno show desired results. Doing a proper job of tuning the bike is a bit more involved..

Slowninja

I wasn't refering to any shop specifically as i have no idea about any of them. Just stating that numbers will very from shop to shop. I've doen quite a bit of tuning on my old lt1 camaro and evo i had. Haven't got into the bike stuff yet as i'm poor and still running carbs :)

bigkaley

Control Rider
He's from right here in the 'Swamp' with me!! Some people just don't listen when I tell them......:doh:

:D

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
bigkaley;88672 wrote: He's from right here in the 'Swamp' with me!! Some people just don't listen when I tell them......:doh:

:D

Gotcha!

I didn't know if he was on the good side "west", bad side "east", or your turf in The Swamp "middle"