Dzus Help

maxpr1

I am in the process of mounting Armour Bodies to my 07 R6. And everything is going smooth except for the fasteners. These seem a bit flimsy and the head of the pin is maller that the hole in the grommet:banghead: What gives?
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

IMG_0189.jpg

jcrich

The grommets are to hold the pin onto the bodywork. I usually use one grommet, put the pin through the "outer" bodywork piece, push the grommet over it. This keeps the pin in the bodywork when you remove it. You can use both inside and outside, but I never have new bodywork so it does not matter to me on the outside. Just push the grommet over the pin. Does that make sense?

sobottka

thr rivits go in the spring with nothing else and the little black washer goes on the d-ring fastener. those instructions are mis-leading. you should have 1 washer for every d-ring and 2 rivits for every spring.

maxpr1

So is there a grommet on both the top and the bottom of the panel as shown in the instructions? And do these very thin Rivets hold the spring in place?

sobottka

maxpr1;134832 wrote: So is there a grommet on both the top and the bottom of the panel as shown in the instructions? And do these very thin Rivets hold the spring in place?
all the dzus fasteners i've used only have one grommet per d-ring either on top or bottom but maybe something has changed. i always put the grommet on the d-ring so i can fully remove the fastener plus not sctatch my paint. also some bodywork is too thick to use the grommet anywhere

maxpr1

Thanks! Anyone want to throw in some advice on tires now? Beginner with maybe 8 track days under my belt I am hoping to run with NESBA for the first time in July. My tires seem to have small rips along the outer edges. I've heard this could be due to either a tire pressure issue or a suspension issue. Regardless, I felt the rear spin up a few times and truthfully I can't tell what the hell is happening. I appreciate your feed back. I can post pictures later this evening

If you are concerned about the rivets being too thin just go get some slightly larger ones from Home Depot (Remember to bring the spring with you for sizing).

Joe Vital

the grommet/washer thingie is so the pin part doesn't fall out when you remove the bodywork. they put two each so one can be the capture and the other to keep from scratching the bodywork.

start another thread for your tires and post some pics. tell us what sort of tire and what air pressures you are/were using. we have many experts on this board. some even know what they are talking about.