Ebay tire warmers

gpnpike

Anyone have any experience with them? I see Sumomoto's and Tyrsox all over ebay.

They seem like good deals, but whats the downside compared to paying $$$ for chickenhawks and woodcrafts?

Anyone used them? Just looking for some feedback, i'm in the market for a set.

Thanks
:cheers:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I don't have any experience with either brand, but typically you get what you pay for. I currently am running a set of Graves single temp warmers that I got for $300. Tenn2 Cycles has a nice digital set for $319 shipped. Those might be my next set if and when mine crap out. The Tyresox I hear really suck because you have to put on the warmer and another thermal sock to keep it warm. Seems like too much trouble in my opinion. Don't know anything about Sumitomo.

some guy #2

I'm in the same pickle. I like the cheap cheap prices I've seen on ebay but if one of them ever stops working how will get service? I hear about people getting their chickenhawks and woodcraft's fixed for cheap whenever there's a problem but those are some big $$$.

jimgl3

i dont have any yet, but will buy woodcrafts when the time comes you will not get better service

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
some guy #2;115285 wrote: I hear about people getting their chickenhawks and woodcraft's fixed for cheap whenever there's a problem but those are some big $$$.

You get what you pay for....my ChickenHawk's are about to start their 4th full season of flawless performance.

I bought a set of Tyre Sox used for $100 before that, and they burned themselves out the first time I used them, plus they took twice as long to put on.

I'd be $100 richer if I had just bought the ChickinHawk's right away.

Benefit from my lesson...just save your pennies to buy the good stuff. In the long run, it's worth it.

bodell

I used the tiresox for a year with no problems. A buddy of mine is using them now. My Chickenhawks are much nicer and faster, but both heat the tire.

dbakerpa

I got the tyrsox off ebay. When I laser thermo checked them they were very even. They are made very similar to the chicken hawks. I wont start using them until April for the track. They seem durable.

mattf

I wrestled with it, but in the end I knoww you get what you pay for....so I just coughed up for the Chicken hawks

justintime_3

Check out the WERA boards under other items for sale. They have some very good feedback and very affordable prices. I cant post a link because I am at work, damn Government computers.

highside

I've been looking closely at the Ebay tire warmers.

Some, like these look to be exactly the same as a set of warmers I've been using for a couple years. Same lights, same rivits, everything. I'm assuming the warmers I'm using are just rebranded generics such as these.

If you dig a little on ebay you can find good sets of used warmers, or sets like these or even digitals for a good price. I'm ordering up a set understanding that I might be throwing my money away.

gpnpike

Twiztedjester55;115728 wrote: I've had a set of the krosswerx for over a year now and still work great.
I sent a PM over on wera board. Might have to grab a set at that price.

Bucky Badger

You can buy Woodcraft Warmers from the Trackday Store for $380 and get 38 trackday reward points. Total price is $342.00...not bad for great quality warmer.

EDIT: Sounds like everyone is getting ready for the season so lets run a special on the Woodcraft Warmers. DOUBLE TRACKDAY REWARD POINTS FOR THE NEXT 21 DAYS ON WOODCRAFT DUAL TEMP TIRE WARMERS!!

NOW $380 - 76 trackday reward points = $304.00

fitz

Bucky Badger;115762 wrote:

NOW $380 - 76 trackday reward points = $304.00
Round that up to 100 trackday reward points and you have a deal!

Come on, call it Bucky's CRAZY yes CRAZY warmer deal, only if we act within the next 10 minutes...

fitz

Matt

fitz;115810 wrote: Round that up to 100 trackday reward points and you have a deal!

Come on, call it Bucky's CRAZY yes CRAZY warmer deal, only if we act within the next 10 minutes...

fitz

that's a KILLER deal on woodcrafts as it is!!! 380 is a good price for those, not even considering the td store points. then you're getting all that back, it's almost 25% off.

I'd order a set right now but about 10 minutes before Brian announced that deal I ordered tires, brakes and some other stuff. :(

Bucky Badger

fitz;115810 wrote: Round that up to 100 trackday reward points and you have a deal!

fitz
Act NOW and we'll DOUBLE YOUR ORDER!! (actually, no we won't do that):D

Trent1098S

Throw in a set of Brembo Monobloc's and we have a deal... :)

(Ohh wait, I just bought those and a 19x18 brembo master for your old gixxer.. so now I'm broke.. again.. damn..)

Bottlecap75

I bought a set of Sumomotos last year off eBay...they never made it to the track. Broken in the box. Bought a set of ChickenHawks from Moon, flawless (support your trackside vendor). I sent the Sumo's back to have them fixed for spares, they havent returned them to me yet. They flat out REFUSED a refund, even though the pieces of shite never worked, no even one day. Did I mention support your trackside vendor?