Electricity Road Atlanta?

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
What’s the scoop on power at Road Atlanta?
Availability? Cost? Enough for everyone? First come first served? Can it be reserved?
Thanks

Motofun352

Control Rider
Lots of power available, it's 1st come like you said. Just be prepared for a dilapidated set up....looks like it's been thru a war.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Not sure what time yoully be rolling in, but we're hoping to be there by 5 or 6 at the latest. Will try to save you a side of the post. I've got an inverter on my truck and I normally don't need it for anything other than the air compressor in the morning.

I’m not sure what time I will get there. It all depends what time I get done with work. Ideally I would like to be there between 4&5.

Will a regular extension cord work? I have never needed power before at any track.

Bo, if I get there before you. Do you want me to save you a spot?

MrFrzz

slow and wide
I’m not sure what time I will get there. It all depends what time I get done with work. Ideally I would like to be there between 4&5.

Will a regular extension cord work? I have never needed power before at any track.

Bo, if I get there before you. Do you want me to save you a spot?

Yea - an Ext. cord should work as far as I know. Bringing an extra one JIC.

Maybe a spot, but I won't need power - so as long as you get what you need, we can just park it beside you. We normally pit towards where you pit-in off the track. Right below where the access road comes off the hill (best way I can describe it) There's another guy that's pretty local that should be there too. I can get you his contact info and if you beat us, you can link up with him if you want. The best way to spot us though is to look for the Blue goldwing thats hauling a sportbike lol That's they guy that got us into track riding

Do you have a toy hauler or camp at the track??

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Been a while sine I have been there, but you need to wire up your own custom power box to connect to the primitive/raw high voltage pole service in the paddock Mike.

There are, unless they've made changes, not poles sitting around with good old 110 three prong connections for the taking.

Personally, I think you're better off bringing your own generator to RA than hoping that you'll get a spot close to the service (RV's usually take up that real estate).

Been a while sine I have been there, but you need to wire up your own custom power box to connect to the primitive/raw high voltage pole service in the paddock Mike.

There are, unless they've made changes, not poles sitting around with good old 110 three prong connections for the taking.

Personally, I think you're better off bringing your own generator to RA than hoping that you'll get a spot close to the service (RV's usually take up that real estate).
I picked up a Honda EU2000I today. I wanted to get on for a while and now I feel better that I have the power available whenever I need it. Thanks

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yeah....you're welcome. Just nice to have your own options for power when you're at the track. You're not so dependent on getting power pole equipped spot. Cost for a day of fuel or power at the track is generally a wash. The other benefit to having a generator is that if the power goes out at your house, you can use it to keep your fridge running and maybe few other things in the house. That way a fridge full of food doesn't spoil.

RyanJG

Yeah and everyone is real courteous of how they park. Last event there the was a van parked long ways, with a toy hauler behind it.....with a tent behind that. Took up probably 4 spots for other people and was directly in front of a power pole. I wish common sense when parking in the pits was enforced more.

djhurayt

RyanJG <<<. . . a van parked long ways, with a toy hauler behind it.....with a tent behind that . . .>>>

Just do want to be that guy, but I will have my truck with a 6x12 behind it and a 12x12 pop-up. Can you please clarify what the issue was? I don't think I am picturing the scenario that made is so wrong.

RyanJG

I was trying to upload the picture I took but the file is too large. Park perpendicular to the front straight and you’ll be fine.

RyanJG

n6craa.jpg