Elite membership - free renewal with 12+ events?

Sandbag

That is funny, I have elite have done 11 days this calendar year when I tried to sign up for my 12-15 days it was trying to charge be basic price. I had to pay for my elite for a 2nd year to get the elite price. Plus no swag was offered. It's still worth the money without the swag but it would be nice to not have to pay for it twice if it does run by calendar year. Especially since I ran no events last year this was my first year with NESBA.

crash675

I was unaware of said merchandise as well. Would be nice to be able to promote the organization a little bit more. Ive brought a few people aboard and have some still on the fence. I will have to try for 12 events next year I think I only hit 6 or 7 this year.

JRA

The elite membership itself runs for 365 days, but the requirement for getting the free renewal is 12 events in one calendar year. This isn't automated as far as I know and all rewards have to be entered manually. In other words once you register for your 12th day the online system doesn't automatically change your status, or lengthen you membership. For the elite Tshirt you need to see a director at the track and request one. I still have a few, and I'm sure that Dave does too.

Your best bet is always to email info@nesba.com with questions about your account, and/or to inquire about the elite perks.

Sandbag

JRA;291754 wrote: The elite membership itself runs for 365 days, but the requirement for getting the free renewal is 12 events in one calendar year. This isn't automated as far as I know and all rewards have to be entered manually. In other words once you register for your 12th day the online system doesn't automatically change your status, or lengthen you membership.
I would have to say that having the membership run 365 days but the 12 track days run in a calendar year is odd to me. It would seam logical that they both would be 365 or calendar year. I signed up for nesba last October after a friend who runs nesba hounded me to start doing track days. I thought that I was buying a 2013 membership. So when I went to sign up for VIR & Barber this fall it was giving me basic price. I scratched my head & was going to call someone on a week day & see what was going on, then I get an e-mail for my membership renewal %$#@#^^& I have 11 days at this calendar year & 365 days. Ok I sucked it up & renewed my elite at full price my mistake for registering "early" for nesba. Now if my 4 days on my "new" membership this calendar year do not count for my "current" membership that seams to be unfair. Now with all that said the elite membership is still a great value with out the free membership once you hit 12 days. I just think that a standard should be adopted for both, 365 or calendar year, in the end it would save confusion.

2ndChapter

Sandbag;291759 wrote: I would have to say that having the membership run 365 days but the 12 track days run in a calendar year is odd to me. It would seam logical that they both would be 365 or calendar year. I signed up for nesba last October after a friend who runs nesba hounded me to start doing track days. I thought that I was buying a 2013 membership. So when I went to sign up for VIR & Barber this fall it was giving me basic price. I scratched my head & was going to call someone on a week day & see what was going on, then I get an e-mail for my membership renewal %$#@#^^& I have 11 days at this calendar year & 365 days. Ok I sucked it up & renewed my elite at full price my mistake for registering "early" for nesba. Now if my 4 days on my "new" membership this calendar year do not count for my "current" membership that seams to be unfair. Now with all that said the elite membership is still a great value with out the free membership once you hit 12 days. I just think that a standard should be adopted for both, 365 or calendar year, in the end it would save confusion.
Makes sense...

JRA

Having memberships only good for a calendar year makes the value less and less as the year goes on. Having them good for 365 makes them all equal no matter when you purchase one. This has never been a big deal really, and it's worked very well like this for a long time. Get your twelve events, email info@nesba, and we'll extend your elite membership by a year.

Sandbag

JRA;291781 wrote: Having memberships only good for a calendar year makes the value less and less as the year goes on. Having them good for 365 makes them all equal no matter when you purchase one. This has never been a big deal really, and it's worked very well like this for a long time. Get your twelve events, email info@nesba, and we'll extend your elite membership by a year.

Thanks John that makes sense. That sounds fare.

Sandbag

It appears that there is still some confusion on how this works, please correct me if I am wrong. If you complete 12 track days in a calendar year Jan 1 - Dec 31 you get 12 months of elite membership added to the end of your existing membership regardless of when your membership started. This is the way I understand it. I have had a PM that was asking & I do not want to give out bad info.

JRA

Guys, the way to get your questions answered accurately is info@nesba.com.

Generally if you have the standard membership it'll get upgraded to elite, if you have elite it'll get extended.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
We're not making this up as we go. Rider's Manual has all the info in black and white.

Rules and Regulations
5. Memberships expire 365 days from purchase.

Elite Membership (last bullet)
12 or more events in a season gets you a free memberhip on 1/1 the following year

Ruhe52

I don't know Dave that sounds made up to me :D

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson