Elite Pricing

bidwell

So I just renewed my elite membership but pricing has not changed on the schedule ($99 Mondays etc.). Anyone know what the deal is?

kyle m

Saw a post in one of the schedule threads about this topic, and I believe it was said that the elite pricing will show eventually. Something about it being a difficult process to implement and they will get it showing soon.

JRA

The remainder of the schedule will be finalized soon, and then pricing for elite and package deals will be announced. I know everybody is anxious to know all of the details, but having everything in place so that all the information that is provided is accurate is important. Every year this is a catch 22. If the schedule isn't released early people get upset, and when it's released early and then gets altered people get upset.

Everybody just hold on and it will be announced.

yokel84

+1 thanks John, helps to know what's up.

I'm aware of how ridiculous my ridiculous impatience makes me. I'm just 'xcited 's all :D

After a just a few trackdays I bought a trackbike on which I've yet to turn a wheel ... crazy really

bidwell

There is no catch 22 in my mind, the schedule should only be posted when its complete with correct pricing etc. If anyone doesn't like it they can pound sand.

What I find more troubling is that I never get any kind of response from NESBA. I sent an email asking this same question and never got a response. Apparently no one answers the phone or returns calls either.

NESBA by far is my favorite track organization. I've been with them since 2002 and their "A" group is the best I've ever ridden with (been in A for 10 yrs), but this apparent lack of organization is not a good sign. I sincerely hope this is just a hiccup and smooth sailing will soon be under way.

JRA

Dave, the only thing it's really a sign of is that there isn't a full time, paid member services employee right now.

physicistkev

Control Rider
I have been wondering the same thing, regarding pricing since what I am seeing doesn't make sense. Elite pricing doesn't seem to be there, there is no second day discount (although this may not be available anymore) and so on. I took last year off, so I have that handicap also since it appears that there were a lot of changes to the pricing and grouping of discounts in the past 12 months.

I understand the catch 22 and I am certainly not someone who is going to help that situation, with my desire to act once I have made a decision. I get impatient in those circumstances. Might I make a few suggestions to help quell most of the questions, concerns and such.

Update the schedule on the non-member site with the correct pricing that is available. Any pricing not yet available should be marked as "Coming soon" or some other moniker. The old schedule and pricing should not be there since it is only going to confuse people and give people ammunition to complain about any price increases.

Rules of pricing that are known should be stated and anything not yet known should be listed, but tagged with a "coming soon" or other moniker. ANyone upset about pricing changes will still be upset after everything is finalized, but anyone who is looking for information will be upset that the information is not even recognized as being missed. The second group is much larger and brand damage is much more of a concern. With a "coming soon" or other moniker, at least there is an understanding that the organization is aware of the lack of information and it should be assumed that something is being done about it.

Even better, just release the schedule, but without pricing. This way, you can trickle information in as the dates come in and any effect the dates have on pricing (which I am sure is what affects the packages and multi day discounts...) will not detract from the potential customer base. 99% of the people complaining about the schedule are not after lining up and paying for 15 days in January, they are trying to setup vacation days and time off to attend the events. The $'s are secondary in the early adopters decision matrix.

Really, anything to help "teach" your customers what the procedure, pricing, rules,... are (even if incomplete) will help manage any anxiety, type A personality and early adopters with the inevitable slow release of information.

I don't blame NESBA, and I don't think this is indicative of a systemic problem, this problem has been around for the last 10 years and is a byproduct of the how the contracts work. In fact, I think NESBA tries each year to improve this process, but some things work and some things don't. Each time it changes a new group of people get their feathers ruffled because they like X or Y about the old system.

In the end, I believe (correct or not), that the more information you can get in a logical format, the better the message will be received. I don't know how the NESBA website is managed (third party hosted with change tickets, self hosted, self hosted in a third party environment...) so I can't speak to the challenges with updating the site, but not updating the site is a major issue with the more tech savvy people. That should be read as younger people. Younger people depend on Internet access and information through the Internet, whether it's from Twitter, FB or any other of the tech communication paths. If a brand wants to be successful, proper utilization of tech is a must. This starts with proper and consistent information.

It doesn't matter how good your product is, if you fail to market it correctly it will fail. I don't like to see people complain about NESBA, I like NESBA, I like the track experience with NESBA and I worry that when I see lots of complaints the customer base is eroding away and I will not be able to partake in one of the things I enjoy. I don't think I can overstate the importance of consistent information that is correctly metered to the customers to minimize issues with product consumption.

I hope this makes sense.

Kevin

JRA

Kevin, I understand what you are saying. This is a volunteer run organization with no employees right now. It might not be ideal, but things have a way of getting done when they get done. I'm sure that when Bob can make time from his busy schedule he will get the pricing and scheduling finished and announced. I don't have anything to do with the website, and I'm not even sure how easy it is to update the public side of everything, but I'm sure that will get done too. There are a lot of other things on the site that need to be cleaned up too. Again, that's something Bob will do, or have somebody else do. I'm guessing if there is an expense involved in that it will get updated once everything is finalized so it only has to be done once.

Maybe he would be interested in a volunteer to help with the site...I don't know.

physicistkev

Control Rider
I totally understand that this is completely volunteer driven. And I GREATLY APPRECIATE the people that do it.

My post was really made to accentuate the need to orient the time spent on the most important things, also, to try and offer my opinion on how the schedule should be released to avoid the squabbling that happens every year at this time ;). It is just my opinion and since I don't have the knowledge of inner workings of the org, it is just an opinion from someone on the outside. Its probably not worth the oxygen I used to read the note after writing it.

All that said, I would be more than happy to engage on some tech tasks if I am able to accomplish them. I am not saying I can, but if you guys want to reach out to me with what you need help with I am more than willing to donate some time if I can fill some gaps.

PM me if there is some interest.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
JRA;297611 wrote: Kevin, I understand what you are saying. This is a volunteer run organization with no employees right now. It might not be ideal, but things have a way of getting done when they get done. I'm sure that when Bob can make time from his busy schedule he will get the pricing and scheduling finished and announced. I don't have anything to do with the website, and I'm not even sure how easy it is to update the public side of everything, but I'm sure that will get done too. There are a lot of other things on the site that need to be cleaned up too. Again, that's something Bob will do, or have somebody else do. I'm guessing if there is an expense involved in that it will get updated once everything is finalized so it only has to be done once.

Maybe he would be interested in a volunteer to help with the site...I don't know.
I would be elated to help with whatever I can, whether it be cleaning up the website, continuing the new-to-NESBA program/tent at trackdays, etc. Wherever NESBA could use assistance.

Kevin posted some very solid points, I agree 100% with it.

Godfather

Catch 22

JRA;297516 wrote: The remainder of the schedule will be finalized soon, and then pricing for elite and package deals will be announced. I know everybody is anxious to know all of the details, but having everything in place so that all the information that is provided is accurate is important. Every year this is a catch 22. If the schedule isn't released early people get upset, and when it's released early and then gets altered people get upset.

Everybody just hold on and it will be announced.
John,

You know the deal with the catch 22 right?

"A BITCHING NESBIAN IS A HAPPY NESBIAN".

Survey says, _______ is the most HAPPY NESBIAN of all.:popcorn:

Answer: Mike Grady

bmrboy

Godfather;297701 wrote: John,

Where the hell are you ????? ... Oh right ..... secret mission ..... :popcorn:

bidwell

Today I finally received an email from Collin Blandford saying the full 2014 schedule would be posted today with elite pricing in place. I just checked and neither the schedule or pricing has been updated, am I missing something or looking in the wrong place?

bmrboy

Godfather;297701 wrote: John,

I haven't bitched about the schedule [not one peep] ... :dunno: it gets posted when it gets posted ..... :popcorn:
I don't know if I'm the Happiest Nesbian ... :) But things in my world are just fine .... :D

03bueller

Control Rider
Give bob a break man, he has a full time job in addition to trying to field everyone's questions, negotiating contracts, and keeping the website and forums operational. The first year In started they didn't even post the schedule until mid-February, they waited till it was finalized. Be happy you're at least getting a sneak peak! I know we all have vacation days to book but it can wait another 3 weeks or so. I can speak as a small business owner when I say that 16 hours a day 7 days a week is still not enough time to get everything done xD So relax, it'll get done in due time, at which point I will promptly sign up for a crap ton of dates........

Now get to it Bob!!! :spank: :D