Email from NESBA today.

madriders86

In case you didn't read it:

NESBA 2013 Sneak Peak!

We are listening—listening to what our customers want. We cannot reveal details of all the changes just yet, but we can tell you this: We will be offering the most competitive track day prices with a new membership structure and enhanced benefits that will set NESBA apart from the competition.

We’re adjusting our skill level placement procedures to ensure everyone gets the attention and instruction they need to move to the riding group they want. We’ll also have the most diverse track offerings and feature some exciting new additions to the schedule. Here are our confirmed 2013 track day counts per track:

24 - NJMP T-Bolt
8 - NJMP Lighting
22 - Summit
6 - Beaver
16 - NYST
15 - VIR
8 - Barber
7 - Road Atlanta
6 - NOLA
2-4 - Super Surprise events to be announced when secure.

After our changes for 2013, NESBA will be the obvious choice for you track day riding needs. Stay tuned for the details. You won’t be disappointed!

Thanks for all your support

NESBA
Discuss. Lot's of events! I'm interested to hear more about these new skill placement procedures :popcorn:
I love nesba because you have to work hard to ride in the higher skill groups. I hope that does not change. We shall see.

matt2212

madriders86;260384 wrote: In case you didn't read it:

Discuss. Lot's of events! I'm interested to hear more about these new skill placement procedures :popcorn:
I love nesba because you have to work hard to ride in the higher skill groups. I hope that does not change. We shall see.
+1

I worked my a$$ off for my bumps.

I would like to see itemizing the bump requirements so people understand what they need to do to get to the next level, but there is still a certain something that the cr's are looking for that can't be put in a checklist.

Fastguy

Bubba Zanetti;260388 wrote: Ok, thats fine, but when is the 2013 schedule coming out!?

BZ
To hell with the 2013 schedule. :asleep: I wanna know how many weekdays will be on the 2014 schedule?

Did I just break a Nesba forum record??

betarace

Bubba Zanetti;260388 wrote: Ok, thats fine, but when is the 2013 schedule coming out!?

BZ
It's comments like this that make me advocate a 15% surcharge on riders that spend more than 30 days in B group

Pseudolus

Bubba Zanetti;260406 wrote: No prob Fastguy.

I have been in B for 22 days. Dickhead (AKA betarace) was in B for 30 something.

I have a ways to go:D

BZ
Dam it! I've avoided asking what the record was so I would go at my own pace! At least at that rate I have about 2-3 years before I have to get nervous! :haha:

Happy Thanksgiving!

matt2212;260387 wrote: +1

I worked my a$$ off for my bumps.

I would like to see itemizing the bump requirements so people understand what they need to do to get to the next level, but there is still a certain something that the cr's are looking for that can't be put in a checklist.
+100 on keeping the bump requirements strict for getting bumped. I was fortunate enough to make it to "I" relatively quick but I fully appreciate, and respect, what the club is looking for. Using common sense, following the rules, and not treating my sessions as a race seemed to help me get to the next level quick.

I've ridden with the pic your own group orgs. (not very often, primarily because it fit my schedule) and found it rather scary.

betarace

Bubba Zanetti;260406 wrote: No prob Fastguy.

I have been in B for 22 days. Dickhead (AKA betarace) was in B for 30 something.

I have a ways to go:D

BZ
Now I crash every 3rd track day

denbsteph

I love nesba because you have to work hard to ride in the higher skill groups. I hope that does not change. We shall see. :agree:

I agree, If you are asking for a bump you are not ready. I believe in just get out there and ride, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY draw the CR's attention. Good or Bad (IMHO)

denbsteph

Trkdaywannabe;260408 wrote: +100 on keeping the bump requirements strict for getting bumped. I was fortunate enough to make it to "I" relatively quick but I fully appreciate, and respect, what the club is looking for. Using common sense, following the rules, and not treating my sessions as a race seemed to help me get to the next level quick.

I've ridden with the pic your own group orgs. (not very often, primarily because it fit my schedule) and found it rather scary.

+ 100 again. There is something the CR's are looking for that is not in the manual, they know it and you will know it when it's time to get the "A" bump ( that is in my case ) I know what I have to do to get there, but my balls are not that big yet, probably a couple more years yet..... at the earliest, IMHO.

I call NESBA home because of the rigidity and CONSISTENCY ( there is that word again ) I don't mind the so called long riders meetings, it is consistent and EVERYONE understands what is expected. Like JRA said, "There is that 1% out here today that thinks the rules do not apply to them, we will enforce our rules and have no problem asking you to pack up and leave, we want you to leave in one piece, bike and all"

If NESBA does change I hope it's not relaxing on it's TECH requirements, bump requirements, riders meeting and other things that I have been accustom to over the past year. I don't want to see a free for all ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Pseudolus;260407 wrote: Dam it! I've avoided asking what the record was so I would go at my own pace! At least at that rate I have about 2-3 years before I have to get nervous! :haha:

Happy Thanksgiving!
35 days in B for me. A LONG time ago.

denbsteph

Do all the numbers in front of the venue represent how many times NESBA plans on being at that track :dunno: ???

I'm confused, and it dosent take much......... as you can see.

z064life

D-Zum;260419 wrote: 35 days in B for me. A LONG time ago.
I thought I spent a lot of time in B....5.5 trackdays (an additional 4 with another organization), 4.5 in I.....only took 1 day in A to realize how slow I am lol

You should hit up a school (CSS, etc)...that's what moved me up quickly anyway

bmrboy

Well , as I've said in the past , sometimes change is GOOD ....

I believe NESBA will do what is best for NESBA and members as well , there was some terrific ideas in a previous thread
it appears that our voices where heard and exciting changes are on the way ...[lets hope so]

I'm sure safety will still be the #1 priority ...... also the bump system , personally I think that everyone should start
in 'B' group , unless you can prove like wise , valid race lic etc. the cr's will see what you can do or not do ... MHO

As JRA says seasoned NESBA riders are a step above the competition , lets keep it that way :)

So time will tell what 2013 will bring .... I wonder about the membership policy's ..if adjustments will be allowed ?????