Enough to make me sick...

PJZOCC624

Okay, I get it... Or maybe I don't. You're supposed to do it this time of year, especially being a dad. But I can't hold my nose to this any longer...

Carving pumpkins makes me ill. Seriously. The texture, the smell, the slimeyness of the stuff inside those orange spheres of doom. (Hell, they call it the "guts" of the damn things!) I turn on a fan, I wear gloves, I even wear a mask - like one of those surgeon's masks. I gag on the thought of it, and dry heave the moment my hands touch the stuff. I feel like Jules Winfield cleaning up Marvin's brains in Pulp Fiction.

Gross. Totally.

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

denbsteph

Can you get one of your family Members to record the actual dry heaving event? Gotta see the look on your face, especially when you get the tears, and that yellow nasty tasting stomach acid shit coming up and out your nose! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

:haha: "Quick get a fork and eat it while its still warm!!!" :puke:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
PJ, you crack me the hell up.

Alex and I picked out his Jack-O-Lantern Saturday night and I carved him a "masterpiece" on Sunday evening. I remember my Dad doing this with me, so I figure it's my turn to honor the tradition.

I don't quite enjoy gutting the damned things, but they don't affect me the way that they seem to bother you.

And right now...he's in his Batman PJ's with his cape flowing behind him terrorizing the dogs enjoying a little buzz from the ice cream, chocolate syrup and mini marshmallows he had as a little treat about an hour ago...Cornholio's got NOTHING on Alex! It's actually quite hilarious.

Fastguy

PJZOCC624;258797 wrote: Okay, I get it... Or maybe I don't. You're supposed to do it this time of year, especially being a dad. But I can't hold my nose to this any longer...

Carving pumpkins makes me ill. Seriously. The texture, the smell, the slimeyness of the stuff inside those orange spheres of doom. (Hell, they call it the "guts" of the damn things!) I turn on a fan, I wear gloves, I even wear a mask - like one of those surgeon's masks. I gag on the thought of it, and dry heave the moment my hands touch the stuff. I feel like Jules Winfield cleaning up Marvin's brains in Pulp Fiction.

Gross. Totally.

I thought it was just me but you need to just MAN-UP!!!!! :rtfm:

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Another thing I can put on the "Glad I'm child free" list. #1372 Don't need to carve nasty pumpkins

warregl

I expected a rant on the Maverick Vinales affair or the Ducati/Althea split...anything but pumpkins. Thanks for the laugh!

FYI, I think you should call in The Wolf. :)

PJZOCC624;258797 wrote: Okay, I get it... Or maybe I don't. You're supposed to do it this time of year, especially being a dad. But I can't hold my nose to this any longer...

Gross. Totally.

Dude, have you ever hunted and gutted an animal after shooting it?

Now that is nasty. Especially deer. You don't realize how much "insides" stink untilyou cut open a deer and start removing all the organs, some of which have been pulverized with a high powered rifle round, and get that all over yourself.

That was one reason I lost interest in hunting was gutting the damn things. I didnt puke or dry heave but hated it anyway. I would often have to take a break while doing it to get some fresh air. I did get nausea from it.

Funny thing, my Uncle John pukes everytime he gets a deer when gutting it :D

Ok, back to pumpkins. They have never bothered me carving one and I had no idea it bothered poeple until now. Its just a big vegetable LOL!

BZ

PJZOCC624

denbsteph;258804 wrote: Can you get one of your family Members to record the actual dry heaving event? Gotta see the look on your face, especially when you get the tears, and that yellow nasty tasting stomach acid shit coming up and out your nose! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

:haha: "Quick get a fork and eat it while its still warm!!!" :puke:
I'm searching for a pic from a previous crime scene where I've got the mask, gloves, etc. on... But yeah, the eyes water, my mouth starts sweating. *YECH!!* I have found the best way to combat the symptoms is crushing about 6 beers and cannonballing some homemade apple cider moonshine that a certain NESBA director shared with me.

Fastguy;258809 wrote: you need to just MAN-UP!!!!! :rtfm:
Funny, the wife said the same thing! I divorced her 8 seconds later...

Bubba Zanetti;258823 wrote:
Dude, have you ever hunted and gutted an animal after shooting it?

Ok, back to pumpkins. They have never bothered me carving one and I had no idea it bothered poeple until now. Its just a big vegetable LOL!

BZ
I don't even fish because I don't want to touch the slimy bastards! I've taken Joey fishing, used lures (don't even get me started on worms), and PRAYED we didn't catch anything, because if we did, I'd have to cut the line to set the little bastard free (the fish... not Joey).

And it's not just a big vegetable. It's a big round orange receptacle of GROSS!

Yes, I am a sissy...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;258823 wrote: Dude, have you ever hunted and gutted an animal after shooting it?

Now that is nasty. Especially deer. You don't realize how much "insides" stink untilyou cut open a deer and start removing all the organs, some of which have been pulverized with a high powered rifle round, and get that all over yourself.

That was one reason I lost interest in hunting was gutting the damn things. I didnt puke or dry heave but hated it anyway. I would often have to take a break while doing it to get some fresh air. I did get nausea from it.

Funny thing, my Uncle John pukes everytime he gets a deer when gutting it :D

BZ
I never thought deer really smelled all that bad. As long as the organs were in tact, it's not too bad. Don't get me wrong...it doesn't smell like roses. :D

Now...if you cut the stomach open on accident.... :puke:

PJZOCC624

OH!!! And then the wife decides to roast the friggin' seeds in the oven!!! I'm like WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!?? The whole house stank of those nasty little fockers, and I had to clean up the baking pans!!

She's trying to kill me...

andykurz

Carved my first one this year with the fiancee. Only took 3 beers to do. Can you guess which one is mine?

65414_631741812226_1128147126_n.jpg

Otto Man;258827 wrote: I never thought deer really smelled all that bad. As long as the organs were in tact, it's not too bad. Don't get me wrong...it doesn't smell like roses. :D

Now...if you cut the stomach open on accident.... :puke:
I pity the man/ women who gut shoots a deer. That is beyond heinous. The only way to describe it it go throught it first hand.

I guarantee PJ would puke if we took him deer hunting :D

BZ

PJZOCC624

Bubba Zanetti;258852 wrote:

I guarantee PJ would puke if we took him deer hunting :D

BZ
I probably would, HOWEVER...

1: I'm a klutz, so keep the firearms out of my hands.

B: I've observed a few surgeries and autopsies (when I was in school), and never got even the slightest of queasy. I never had an issue with gross anatomy, dissections, childbirth, etc. And I've seen some pretty neat stuff.

But those damn pumpkins...

PJZOCC624;258828 wrote: OH!!! And then the wife decides to roast the friggin' seeds in the oven!!! I'm like WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!?? The whole house stank of those nasty little fockers, and I had to clean up the baking pans!!
She's trying to kill me...
I vaguely recall pumpkin carving as a kid, scooping out all the pumpkin goop and then my Mom would use some of the slimy stuff to make pumpkin pie and of course then she'd bake the seeds... very tasty stuff...

PJZOCC624;258855 wrote: I probably would, HOWEVER...

1: I'm a klutz, so keep the firearms out of my hands.

B: I've observed a few surgeries and autopsies (when I was in school), and never got even the slightest of queasy. I never had an issue with gross anatomy, dissections, childbirth, etc. And I've seen some pretty neat stuff.

But those damn pumpkins...
It's not the gore PJ; it's the smell:cool:

The gore is secondary unless you get one hell of a wound channel from the bullet passing the right way.

Which reminds me. since your brought up childbirth. That's a sight watching the wife's taint tear from stem to stern as the little ones head crowns.

I love describing that to childles men at parties, in the pits, at the mall, etc.

BZ

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Bubba Zanetti;258864 wrote: It's not the gore PJ; it's the smell:cool:

The gore is secondary unless you get one hell of a wound channel from the bullet passing the right way.

Which reminds me. since your brought up childbirth. That's a sight watching the wife's taint tear from stem to stern as the little ones head crowns.

I love describing that to childles men at parties, in the pits, at the mall, etc.

BZ
You're just not right.

WHY would this come up "in the pits"?????

Here's a pretty cool Halloween story:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/31/14831013-toppled-tree-exposes-skeletal-remains-cement-box-in-new-haven-connecticut?lite