ever wonder what happens to the MotoGP bikes at years end?

Blaise

OK, so let's pretend you're a factory backed team with millions and millions of dollars spent on R&D every year. Would you really feel 'ok' giving those bikes (which may or may not be very similar to your current racebike) for free to a smaller team to 'level' the field?

I think not. If you wanna privateer, run something which involves bikes which are purchased from the factory and then modified. Or if you wanna run with the big dogs, either get factory support or get enough people to invest in you to buy the technology.

NoBull

avizpls;44229 wrote:

THEY CRUSH THEM??????
You didn't know that? They've done that at least as long as I have been following the 500cc races in the early-mid 80's (yes I'm getting to be an old fart).

I don't know why Rossi would say that the "technology has become so sophisticated that they'd rather crush the bikes than give them to a privateer team". There are 2 things wrong with that statement. First is the factories have always crushed the bikes and always because they don't want other factories to get their hands on their equipment. Second, you can't just give/sell a team to ex-works bikes and that's that. They can't race a whole season on 2 bikes. They need so many spares, new engines, frames etc. The factory race shops are usually relatively small outfits so they can't support another 2-3 teams with all those parts.

I do agree that the gap between factory and privateer has become too great. Just another problem with the whole 800cc change. It's also time MotoGP take a look at what they're doing in F1 where technology becomes illegal after having been fully developed. It's time for MotoGP to dump some of the electronic riders aids.

avizpls

#11-A
Dont get me wrong-I dont agree with Rossi. GP is a prototype racing class and as such is naturally limited to big-budget factory teams. I dont have a problem with that. Privateers have no buisness in a prototype racing class.

What I got from the clip was what they do with the bikes...I dont think they should sell them to other teams. I dont know what they should do with them. but to just DISCARD them??? Thats just unholy.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I agree with changing the rules to level things out. Like they just did for F1 this season. HUGE rule changes. For the first time in over 20 years, a privateer (yes, privateer), unsponsored, F1 team not only WON, but went 1-2 in the first race this season because they bought the cars that Honda would be using had they not withdrawn. Granted it's a different situation, but if it keeps going on like this, motoGP will look like the supersport race at Fontana. 7 rider grid.
Anyways I digress. Didn't want to rant, but I'm kind of an F1 fan too. Something must be done.

avizpls

#11-A
The more level playing field described is I think held in wsbk, ama, and even more privateer-accessable as you go down the line to local club racing. Bike restrictions get heavier as you go down this direction. It only makes sense that the other end of the spectrum be INaccessable with exotic bikes. Here, you find MotoGP.
Fwiw I prefer wsbk.

LMsports

They crush the bikes to safeguard secret technology. Mladins bikes used to go to the crusher too, but with the new DMG rules dumbing down everything, you too can pick up his superbike when he rolls off the track at Atlanta for a cool 59000.00. Nothing to hide there, so it is for sale.

drizkol

Some riders have contracts which allow them to keep their GP bikes after the season if they win. I know Nicky Hayden had that in his contract with Honda

D

doris564

Expert styling tips for your wig

Be sure to use styling tools specially made for lace wig such as a wig styling comb, wig brush or wig pic comb. CAUTION: When styling synthetic remy hair wigs never use heating styling tools on your wig or expose your full lace wigs to excess sources of heat such as: hair dryers, curling irons, open ovens, boiling water, barbecue grills and even some cigarette lighters, because the heat will damage the fibers. When styling human hair wigs you can use all the tools you have used on your own hair (hair dryer, curling iron, hot rollers) and do not need to worry about heat exposure, but must use products especially formulated for lace front wigs.

avizpls

#11-A
yea guys.....if you're so worried about what happens to motogp bikes and all your hair falls out....vbe sure to take care of your wig.