F/S VIR FULL COURSE 10/18 B Group

fitz

lemondrop;155240 wrote: 78 and partly cloudy...?? are you serious? ya cant sell that sweet ticket!
I don't think he is interested in going to any of these track days, just selling them.

Notice how he is selling TWO track days that fall on the same day.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
fitz;155296 wrote: I don't think he is interested in going to any of these track days, just selling them.

Notice how he is selling TWO track days that fall on the same day.
Hmmm, you may have a point. The majority of robmon48's posts are selling trackdays or credits. Wazzup with that, did you figure out a way to make a profit, LOL :notsure:

fitz

HondaGalToo;155309 wrote: Hmmm, you may have a point. The majority of robmon48's posts are selling trackdays or credits. Wazzup with that, did you figure out a way to make a profit, LOL :notsure:
Can't say for sure what his motives are, but technically you could make a profit. Buy credits +15% extra, buy a track day, sell it at full cost, that 15% extra would end up in your pocket (since you can't sell those credits outright).

Seems more trouble than it's worth, just sell your credits and be done.

The biggest issue I see is if a person buys a track day just to sell it, that event ends up being full, the person fails to sell the day, cancels at the last moment, NESBA is out the money for that spot, and someone loses out on going to that event.

I for one enjoy all the extras that go with a NESBA membership and would hate to see anyone abuse it that could affect those extras.

Not saying he is doing that, but I would hate to see that happen.

fitz

robmon48

For all those interested in my "motives", here's my deal. I had knee surgery and a resultant blood clot the end of last year which knocked me out of the spring track dates. Just about the time I was getting over that, I developed rotator cuff problems and have been out with that since June. I am looking at the possibility of surgery, but am trying to rehab without having to go through all that again.

Prior to the above I have done at least a dozen track days a year since I started with NESBA. Being optimistic and hoping to be able to ride, there is nothing wrong with me waiting to see if I can physically do a date before canceling, is there???

About the two dates on the same day. I live in the south so VIR is a track I run. My son is in the Navy in Jersey, so I wanted the option to do a date with him. But I wouldn't travel all the way up there if he couldn't go, so I held onto the VIR date also. And yes, I could have made the decision to sell/cancel the dates a week ago, but then again I tend to procrastinate. And most dates don't sell much in advance anyway.

I guess it seems like some of you put a lot of energy into assuming, when you could have just asked.
Rob

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
robmon48;155358 wrote: For all those interested in my "motives", here's my deal. I had knee surgery and a resultant blood clot the end of last year which knocked me out of the spring track dates. Just about the time I was getting over that, I developed rotator cuff problems and have been out with that since June. I am looking at the possibility of surgery, but am trying to rehab without having to go through all that again.

Prior to the above I have done at least a dozen track days a year since I started with NESBA. Being optimistic and hoping to be able to ride, there is nothing wrong with me waiting to see if I can physically do a date before canceling, is there???

About the two dates on the same day. I live in the south so VIR is a track I run. My son is in the Navy in Jersey, so I wanted the option to do a date with him. But I wouldn't travel all the way up there if he couldn't go, so I held onto the VIR date also. And yes, I could have made the decision to sell/cancel the dates a week ago, but then again I tend to procrastinate. And most dates don't sell much in advance anyway.

I guess it seems like some of you put a lot of energy into assuming, when you could have just asked.
Rob

Very sorry for any assumptions on my part, I actually was joking around with you, but it may not have come across that way. Shoulda put in more smiley faces to go with the "LOL" :) No offense meant, I sincerely hope you heal up soon, and hope to see you out there next year!

robmon48

HondaGalToo;155366 wrote: Very sorry for any assumptions on my part, I actually was joking around with you, but it may not have come across that way. Shoulda put in more smiley faces to go with the "LOL" :) No offense meant, I sincerely hope you heal up soon, and hope to see you out there next year!
Thanks. I hope to be out there some day again, too. It's been frustrating not to be able to ride, and what I've gone through certainly hasn't been funny, so I guess that post turned into something that kinda bugged me.

Thanks again for your follow up,
Rob

BigBird

its sucks that happened to you. BUT there is the fact as Fitz pointed out, i.e. both days are filled and you hold out til the last minute and can't go to either, then there are suddenly two open spots that someone could have ridden in, if more time was given.

I thought NESBA had some policy about registering for 2 tracks on the same day, if they don't they should think about it.

R_Whiteman45

i bought some credits off of Rob and have nothing bad to say at all!

15% discount plus another 10% off, cant beat that

heal up and hopefully you can make it out soon!