Fantastic B Group track day 5/13 @ NJMP

CBRtist

I was really pleased, as I know some others (including newbies) were with yesterday's B Group sessions and classes. I had had 2 previous TDs, one of which was the Track Marshal cutting our session short due to too many infractions :rolleyes:, which had me a little concerned and disappointed. Yesterday's experience renewed my faith.

A few things that I found extremely helpful and great to see:

GENERAL MEETING:

• Introduction of all CRs in general meeting to include name, number, and colors. Since all don't have names on their shirts anymore, sometimes it's hard for us to know who is who.

• Instructions on who to direct any complaints

B GROUP MEETING (CR Lou, Dion, Bo and Mike)

• First meeting was concise and informative and then optional meeting was offered after first session for those who felt they needed it. It was a pretty big class, so even though it was optional, we took advantage of it! In fact, I had to leave midway because my husband was in "I" and we were trading off our daughter, so I hurried back with her because I didn't want to miss too much!

• After session meeting CR Lou handed out print outs of the track. This was AWESOME. While I have my own map I make notes on, making those available to members and encouraging note taking was really cool and I know appreciated.

• Lunch session, again, very informative. Questions were encouraged and offering to have people sit on the bike to be positioned. That's always great because it's one thing looking at it, but another actually feeling it.

I took away so much from all the meetings and had a much better understanding that I could apply to my track day. Biggest revelation for me was when it was explained and shown where the front straight actually starts and breaking it down with actual gears. It went a long way for an analytical person like myself ;)

AROUND PADDOCK

• It was great to see CRs milling around the paddock, showing friendly faces and asking how things were going. I got three greetings just walking back to my pit.

CR Mentions (but all in attendance were great!)

• Thank you Mike D. for stopped by to go over my problems in the chicane before the last session and waiting while I got my map. I was going to put what you told me to practice.... but my bike up and died.

• Thank you Lou for the 1972 Paterson clamps to charge said dead bike without being electrocuted.

• Les I ran into the girl who gave that guy the finger in the bathroom. Yup, she was in "I"... and it wasn't me ;)

Anyhow I just wanted to :congrats: to all for being so professional and making it a fun, safe, friendly day. THANK YOU! Can't wait for my next one :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
This is great to hear!! One thing about nesba that I personally feel has always needed improvement was better instruction/classroom sessions for B group. I'm really glad to hear this happened yesterday and I hope it becomes a standard, with the information offered yesterday being consistent even if someone other than Lou teaches on any given day.

If this becomes a constant, with consistent good instruction offered for B group, I'd feel more comfortable recommending nesba to a first-time track rider.

Nice write up Wendy :cool:

You are a great B-grouper to ride with as your attitude and riding rock! All in all it was a great day despite the mechanical issues apprently more than one of us had :p

Now that I know a dry clutch fails really fast when its giving up the ghost. I will keep a spare with me at all times:rtfm:

BZ

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Bubba Zanetti;273437 wrote: Nice write up Wendy :cool:

You are a great B-grouper to ride with as your attitude and riding rock! All in all it was a great day despite the mechanical issues apprently more than one of us had :p

Now that I know a dry clutch fails really fast when its giving up the ghost. I will keep a spare with me at all times:rtfm:

BZ
Just another reason we need to convince you to get a 600 or an SV650.

The SV would probably be as much fun as a TZ, just more reliable aka less expensive to ride/operate than the TZ.

D-Zum;273443 wrote: Just another reason we need to convince you to get a 600 or an SV650.

The SV would probably be as much fun as a TZ, just more reliable aka less expensive to ride/operate than the TZ.
No need for a 600 or SV, just ask Judy.

BZ

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Was a great day of riding. Was good to see everyone and looking forward to the next event in June.

borislav

Control Rider
It was fun day for sure,I hope we (CR's) were able to help you guys/girls to improve your riding!
Riding most of the day in I and B was so much fun and tiring (dragging my a$$ all day long)!:D
Congrats to all who got bumped and see you all next time!

mike_21

Control Rider
Wendy, It was great meeting you. While we were staging at pit out I saw you and your husband working on your bike. Sorry you missed last session but I hope to see you two again.

Myers

Control Rider
I must add my 2 cents..... As a brand new CR (My first day CRing was yesterday, look at my profile... still show an A rider for proof :))... I didnt know what to expect... and here is what I found... I found myself smiling with joy as I pointed out the lines to you all and saw you trying and hitting those lines... I saw myself a little surprised when I was looking back... and turned back around and the good ol corner was a commin up! :).... BUT....I would turn around and see you smiling through your shields! I saw some of you able to pass...BUT respecting the track and the rider infront of you.....and waiting for a better moment. I saw a lot of the same "learning curves" I used to make as a B rider...and I saw you all work on those EACH LAP!!!... I saw ME... just a short time ago... I looked around and saw the other CRs .... and I saw those who helped me become the rider I am today... and I smiled... I saw a brilliant, FUN summer ahead!
'
to the original post.... the applauds go to you all.. YOU ALL made it a great day!

Thank YOU :congrats:
Len

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;273444 wrote: No need for a 600 or SV, just ask Judy.

BZ
You looked comfortable and in your element during those laps in I group. I think you'd be fine in I.

I see what Darrin is saying, that you seem to wrench as much as you ride. But I know plenty of two-stroke guys, and that's part of the fun for them!

Dieselboy

Ballpeen;273475 wrote: I must add my 2 cents..... As a brand new CR (My first day CRing was yesterday, look at my profile... still show an A rider for proof :))... I didnt know what to expect... and here is what I found... I found myself smiling with joy as I pointed out the lines to you all and saw you trying and hitting those lines... I saw myself a little surprised when I was looking back... and turned back around and the good ol corner was a commin up! :).... BUT....I would turn around and see you smiling through your shields! I saw some of you able to pass...BUT respecting the track and the rider infront of you.....and waiting for a better moment. I saw a lot of the same "learning curves" I used to make as a B rider...and I saw you all work on those EACH LAP!!!... I saw ME... just a short time ago... I looked around and saw the other CRs .... and I saw those who helped me become the rider I am today... and I smiled... I saw a brilliant, FUN summer ahead!
'
to the original post.... the applauds go to you all.. YOU ALL made it a great day!

Thank YOU :congrats:
Len
I always thought it would be a lot of fun to CR, especially since I have more friends in I than in A. Sooo, how does one get the :cr: bump? :D

betarace

HondaGalToo;273476 wrote:
I see what Darrin is saying, that you seem to wrench as much as you ride. But I know plenty of two-stroke guys, and that's part of the fun for them!
A 999 would be more reliable, cheaper and score more points with the laydees/DZUM...

Just sayin

Luggageboy

Definitely an AWESOME day. It seemed like everybody was much more respectful than my first track day of the year on 4/28. I was not passed illegally a single time the entire day ( I rode every session except I pitted out early in session 5). The classroom instruction was exceptional. The format of having group captains was a very good idea. CR feedback was great. Awesome day, can't wait to get to another. Tbolt is slim pickings for the next couple of months.

SnipeHunter

Control Rider
Good Job

Wendy,

You have improved quite a bit from the last time I worked with you. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you had a fun experience. That is the goal.

Dion

CBRtist

SnipeHunter;273519 wrote: Wendy,

You have improved quite a bit from the last time I worked with you. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you had a fun experience. That is the goal.

Dion
Thank you. I tried to pay very close attention and apply what I was told as best I could. I know it can be frustrating to talk to us, and then nod our heads or not ask questions, only to go out and repeat the same mistakes. The best way is to *try* to show that we are listening to show the time you volunteer is not wasted. (I know... I'm a teacher ;))

Besides, how could it have not be a fun experience with the occasional side humor in class? :)

Congratulations to Len for the CR bump and thank you for your enthusiasm :congrats:

CBRtist

ericlouie1;273709 wrote: I think you were pitted right around the corner from me...had the honda with the odd shutdown problem?
Yes! You were the one that I would talk to when passing from my friends' pits? When you were talking about the track being cold and me saying we were there to warm it up for you? lol. And you mentioned it might be the kickstand right? Sorry I never introduced myself formally :doh: Nice meeting you!

ericlouie1

Lol, yep, that was me.
Sounds like you had a blast though, and thats what it's all about.

Congrats to the new CR, and to whomever had the pleasure of teching me in, i was the nimrod who forgot the numbers and wound up doing them upside down in the tech garage.:doh: