Fantasy racing teams

Brian Laws

Anyone doing any fantasy racing this year? I just signed up at myroadrace.com which I used last year because their site is fairly user friendly. If anyone is interested, I could create a NESBA only league as well.

jimgl3

oh... sounds cool! i've never done any fantasy anything though. is there a steep learning curve?

so long as i can have Rossi and Haga that is LOL!

Brian Laws

Its actually pretty easy. You are given a salary cap for all your riders. Some series, like the BSB you'll need to pick the least expensive guy on the list, but you can always afford at least 4 top riders.

I went ahead and created a league for anyone who wants to join. it is: NESBA, pswd: nesba.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Sounds like some fun. I've got all my money in MotoGP and WSBK. I don't know any riders in the other series, so hopefully my four guys will keep me in the hunt.

Brian Laws

Hey Jim - You are automatically entered into two different leagues anyway; one for overall, and one for MotoGP and WSB only. You'll probably be in a good position for the later as well.

jimgl3

for some reason it's not working. selected riders in all catagories and made sure the budget was under $20k and still no save button. also, it's not showing a budget on the rider selection page, it shows budget - 0

any suggestions?

one place said you can tinker w/ your team until 2/26. wonder if i'm too late?

another place it says deadline 2/26 @ 21:00 GMT, so we should have until 4pm here if my math is right?

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Jim, there was one time where I inadverently picked the same rider twice. It gives you a error message up top in red when something is not right.

jimgl3

must have been a browser issue. just picked riders using Firefox - no worries

need more money! LOL!

Brian Laws

Just don't forget to pick you team captain each week. if they get poll or finish on the podium, it earns you extra points.

Also, I think you can continue to sign up after the cut-off, but you will not get credit for the first week of racing. I went ahead and created a second account just for the MotoGP and WSB league.

jimgl3

what the ??? is Jakub trying to do to the odds? LOL!

1 96 Smrz J. (CZE) Ducati 1098R 1'32.312
2 41 Haga N. (JPN) Ducati 1098R 1'32.569
3 91 Haslam L. (GBR) Honda CBR1000RR 1'32.623
4 76 Neukirchner M. (GER) Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 1'32.673
5 71 Kagayama Y. (JPN) Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 1'32.704
6 56 Nakano S. (JPN) Aprilia RSV4 1'32.928
7 84 Fabrizio M. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'32.932
8 19 Spies B. (USA) Yamaha YZF R1 1'32.939
9 66 Sykes T. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 1'32.971
10 9 Kiyonari R. (JPN) Honda CBR1000RR 1'32.991

Fire929

I would have picked Spies as my captain if we had the option. :)

Ah well hope he does the double and I get some good points.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Right behind you Jim! Things will start getting pretty interesting when all the other groups start riding.

Brian Laws

For some reason I wasn't able to pick a captain this round either. Not sure what is up with that. I am recording the races today since I missed them on Sunday. Can't wait to see the action.