Farewell 2009 Midwest Season... How was yours?

John#12

My season was pretty short too. I had some large unexpected unavoidable expenses come up, plus a few health related problems, and it prevented me from going to the track very much. But I did make it to some events though and I'm glad about that.

This winter I plan to repaint the bike and make some other preparations for next year. I am looking forward to next season very much. Time seems to just fly by and next season will be here before we know it.

John Bushert
#12 I
Brookfield, WI

ridngsxrs

Financially I could only do 3 trackdays this year but got the bump to A on my 2nd t.d. of the year. All I can say is o boy....I'm gonna be rusty running in A next year. Thanks to all for a great year with no major problems and meeting new friends!!!

Eightyeight

welp, seeing as how this is my very first season riding on the track, basically eeevery moment on the track was a highlight for me! there was never a moment where i didn't have a big ass grin on my face:D

so yeah, mucho thanks to all the control riders that helped:adore:, Marshall n'friends for making the beginner meetings so entertaining :haha:, and all the cool people I met off the track, which was pretty much everyone!

oh and crashing...I didn't do it!! So lets hope it lasts. I already did it enough times on the street...these yamahas are tough though:popcorn:

ThePro8

Shitty year for me this year. The crash/injury killed my track time. I will be back next year, looking for a rockstar season.

tkbuell

this year was good for me... bought myself a brand new bike... did the break in on it in 6 days... loaded it in the trailer to head to MAM for my first track day ever...

had a blast out there learned a lot and got bumped to "I" my first day...

then i did my second track day on the north course at the Autobahn a couple weeks ago... had a blast there!! the photographer got some great pictures and im expecting them in the mail in the next week or so...

now to end the season we will be loading up the bikes to head to Barber... Have a feeling we are gonna have a blast down there... lookin to have everyone in my group in "I" for the beginning of next year so we can play around together...

can't wait for barber super pumped

Nolan1000

I really enjoyed my first season as a NESBA CR. I think that I made all but 2 Midwest days which is the most time I've ever spent at the track. My main goal this season was to focus on giving back to the members by passing on things that were taught to me by so many talented CRs that I worked with as I came up from the B to the A group. I learned very quickly that it takes a lot of energy and concentration to CR groups and to ride my A sessions. Its a big mental adjustment as well as physical. I've met a lot of great people this year and have grown closer to the regulars and veterans. The family atmosphere at NESBA is something I've really come to appreciate as well. Whether its helping someone find the parts they need or hanging out in the pits after hours, you can always count on your fellow nesbians. The highlight for me was the last ACC weekend where Kim received her A bump and was asked to join team orange. I am really looking forward to next season.:)

nouseforaname

im just thankful i finally committed to doing a track day this season. never pictured myself actually riding on a race track.....its still a little surreal lol. got a late start tho, my first day was the last weekend in august. still i was able to get a good amount of track time in. had a blast ridin but also meeting so many great people. the atmosphere surrounding these events is never what i imagined it would be. everyone is cool as hell and willing to go out of their way to help everyone else. im stoked to have found something i really enjoy doing again. its a great feeling. cant wait for my next track day!!

Kim

This season was definitely one for the books.

Nolan's CR duties ensured that I was going to be at the track a lot more this year. Since I was planning on being around so much Fred, Allan, and Chad oriented me to NESBA registration. Doing that I was able to meet almost every member in the Midwest region!

My riding progressed this year as well. Had a bit of a setback after my one rather spectacular get-off on the front straight at BHF in July. Thanks to lots of rider meetings about how to fall off correctly and some fancy riding by my fellow Nesbians I was able to escape unscathed. Nolan re-built the bike and I was back at it.

Greg Kotlinski graciously offered to let my ride his SV for a few sessions at Autobahn the weekend following my crash. That really helped me to start getting over the crash jitters. After the loooong month of August essentially off the bike I was able to get back on the 750.

As many of you know, the season culminated for me in a bump to the "A" group and then to "CR" a minute later. That moment ranks up there with my top 5 memorable moments in life to date. Everything else has been family related (my wedding, meeting my nieces and nephews for the first time, etc.) This year, NESBA staff and members have become even more an extension of my family. I'm really looking forward to next season!

Rough year for me. Got the A bump at the end of last year, then bought a new bike for this year. So I started out in April after being off the track for 7 months in a new group, on a new bike, on a bigger bike, etc. Just couldn't find the groove. In early June, I had an unspectacular get-off, but hurt my hands pretty good. Had surgery on the left hand in July. Off work for 8 weeks. Finally got back on the track at the end of August, at BHF, of course with the post-crash jitters. I was riding decent, but just not the way I knew I could. Did one more weekend at Putnam pretty much the same way....pussy-footin' around the track. Since I was out of money, and there were no more local Nesba days, I was done.

Then I decided last minute to throw caution to the wind and ride with another org at BHF. (got busted by Fred...he just happened to stop by that day to do business) Good and bad decision. BAD: wow....what a crazy A group. not safe. I haven't passed that many people in a long time! That's what happens when you let riders bump themselves. Alas, that's for another thread. GOOD: Finally got back on the horse. Finally rode aggressively again. Finally was hootin' & hollerin' in my helmet after sessions again. Finally got back to chasin' down liter bikes again.

On the 'off the track' side of things, it was a great year. Got to meet new people, get to know some friends/CR's better, travel with the big meanies, have my family with me, get 2 friends on the track for the 1st time, rode new tracks, etc.

How many days until next year's 1st day?

Relic

Washed and polished my CBR 1000, washed and polished my faithful trailer (OK! OK! Just washed the trailer), cleaned my helmets, oiled its hinges and moving parts, and oiled the zippers on my track suit and those on my assorted motorcycle jackets and pants. Boy! Do I have loads of crap…but good, rather expensive crap that my sons are going to inherit…wish I could inherit my own stuff…why can’t I inherit my own stuff? Wouldn’t that be neat? To be able to just get rid of all the crap and inherit all your own good stuff? I tell you, the Egyptians were on to something. But I digress. You want to know about my season. Well, it was a great one. I got bumped from B to I. Besides, there’s just no two ways about it. I love NESBA…make that I am eeen love with NESBA! The CRs are awesome, fast, attractive (easy fellas…I mean the women CRs), generous, and we owe you all big time. I plan to be at the Barber to finish out this season, and I can’t wait for the next season, my first full season as an Intermediate rider.

butchf

as most know, I'm done riding

I had a great season overall. Got to be on TV for the Daytona 200, rode without incident, and sold my bike.
Don't know what will happen in the future, but this was an OK year with my NESBA membership.

Court Jester

I had a busy but boring season. I had zero track miles, only 4000 or so street miles, about 20,000 miles from the seat of a plane, 12 classes toward my masters and a 3.7 gpa, sold a house, bought a house, and all this with four bikes and three seats of leathers in the family room.
I am planning for next year to be more enjoyable.

BLARNEY

Sadly.....a complete non-starter.

After last years knee injury and a long rehab..... .I had arthroscopic surgery in January
just weeks before the NESBA bash. Went through rehab..... got my leathers repaired
bought a trailer...... ready to go.

Sadly..... my knee has recovered to about 95% of range of motion..... and the last 5%
is the 5% I have to use to ride a sportbike. The one thing it will not do well is function
while fully flexed / under load.

Disappointing to say the least ..... a real crap season to say the least.

Glad to see so many folks advancing....... it's just great.

Tom