Finally did it... motorcycle tattoo

JonGu

Been debating about this for years... finally was in a situation where a very good tattoo artist needed a laptop computer and I wanted a tattoo so... gotta love barter hahaha

tattoohighres.jpg

Here's the source

original.jpg

I'll take a few more after it heals and the colors come out a little more. Also gonna get a bit of the rumble strip added I think :p

JonGu

Set my ink? I'm not really sure what that means. This is my 1st so I'm pretty much a newb at this kind of thing.

rk97

ah - then I'll give you fair warning.

When I got my first tattoo, as I was leaving some a-hole says, "wait, you can't leave yet, no one has set your ink" and then slapped me on the back, right where I'd just been poked with a needle and injected with ink for the last 90 minutes.

I would have kicked his ass, but he was way bigger than me, and I was busy writhing in pain.

don't fall for it.

JonGu

hahaha thanks for the warning. Fortunately I don't think I'll need to worry about that anymore... BTW, the whole thing ended up taking about 5 hours worth of tattooing time and another hour or two for him to make the pattern. At first I thought man... this isn't so bad at all. The last hour and a half or so was seriously hurting though as he went back over the same areas over for more detail... holy shit!

rk97

yeah, it's weird (for most of us anyway) to pay someone to inflict that much pain.

I like your design because it actually means something to you. People ask me what my tattoos mean, and the only thing I can really say is, "well, the one on my back means i had more money than sense during college, and the one on my arm means I didn't learn my lesson the first time..."

I wouldn't say I regret getting tattoos, but I have thought, "I could have bought a set of Q2's with what I spent on ink... idiot!"

JonGu

Yeah well my story was: "What does #276 stand for?"

Me: "Well, it's a symbol of my laziness... it was the number on my first race bike which I was too lazy to remove, so I just used it for all my bikes"

Trent1098S

Dude that's awesome!

I've never thought I'd be interested in getting a tattoo, but after seeing yours.. I have to admit, you've got me thinking. :)

greeny

JonGu;142024 wrote: "Well, it's a symbol of my laziness... it was the number on my first race bike which I was too lazy to remove, so I just used it for all my bikes"
LOL! love it, jon.

Gron4

Hey Jon,

Is that one of our photos? If so you will have to go back for a photo credit tattoo to "Gron4 Photography". Kidding of course, very nice :congrats:

Trent1098S

Gron4;142109 wrote: Hey Jon,

Is that one of our photos? If so you will have to go back for a photo credit tattoo to "Gron4 Photography". Kidding of course, very nice :congrats:
LMAO! Gron, that's funny as hell. :)

PS I took one of the photos you shot to a local print shop and had a 30" poster made to hang over my toolbox in my garage, taken back when my Ducati was pretty.

JonGu

haha Dustin, I don't think I want to forever immortalize that moment on my arm... but it did make a nice poster :p

And hell, if I ever get drunk enough, I just might get a copyright gron4 on there somewhere! hahaha... realized though that there's no NESBA sticker on that bike either... actually I put the NESBA sticker on immediately before I tossed it 10 feet in the air. Maybe I'll see if he can add the logo to the fairing when I go in to finish up the background....

Wink

At first sight of the thread title, I assumed it would have been your famous picture at RA. But, that is a very nice lookin' tatt.

For permanent, you shoulda gone white plates. You know you'll have them before you quit racin'.... LOL!