Finally On Track from NC

js2

Well I have finally taken the plunge. This is my second year as a NESBA member but I am signed up for my first Track Day at Roebling. I figured this would be a good way to see how things work. I have been an all things motorcycle fanatic as long as I can remember. I have taken 2 levels of Keith Code's school but I still want to take it easy and learn more and have as much fun as I can in NESBA. I feel like I will be a little nervous in but I hope I can get to know some good people who will teach me the ropes.

Quick thanks to Jim at Max Speed Cycles in Kernersville , NC for directing me to NESBA.

If anyone will be at Roebling on Aug 29 I would love some pre introductions - I will be on A Red F4I will plate number 311.

Jay Spencer

noobinacan

I keep this little list in my pocket:

- smooth is fast
- learn the track/ gearing/be consistent
- warm the tires
- pick braking marker
- learn the line/ follow CR

the CR's at NESBA are great...and approach them right after your session to get their opinions etc.

dfaldridge

Jay, we'll see ya there.. My name is David and I'll be on an 02 red grey and blk RC-51. I have a grey f150 pulling a white in-closed trailer. Hit me up just before and you can pit up near us. I've got two EZ-ups and plenty of space.

js2

Thanks alot. I will be looking forward to setting up near you and meeting you. I will contact you as we get closer.

MotorPsycho

Welcome to the madness!
If you are riding in novice, I'll be out there with you. My bike is 321, very close to your number.
See you at Roebling.

js2

We 300 #'s , novice group riders must stick together !!! Thanks and I look forward to meeting you at Roebling

prezzie

hello, new to this forum. hello from Charlotte, NC, 1st track day coming in at CMP the 1st weekend of September.

ktuso27

js2;73893 wrote: Well I have finally taken the plunge. This is my second year as a NESBA member but I am signed up for my first Track Day at Roebling. I figured this would be a good way to see how things work. I have been an all things motorcycle fanatic as long as I can remember. I have taken 2 levels of Keith Code's school but I still want to take it easy and learn more and have as much fun as I can in NESBA. I feel like I will be a little nervous in but I hope I can get to know some good people who will teach me the ropes.

Quick thanks to Jim at Max Speed Cycles in Kernersville , NC for directing me to NESBA.

If anyone will be at Roebling on Aug 29 I would love some pre introductions - I will be on A Red F4I will plate number 311.

Jay Spencer
:agree: I have learned way more from NESBA CRs than from taking 2 levels of Keith Code.

JRA

js2;73893 wrote: Well I have finally taken the plunge. This is my second year as a NESBA member but I am signed up for my first Track Day at Roebling. I figured this would be a good way to see how things work. I have been an all things motorcycle fanatic as long as I can remember. I have taken 2 levels of Keith Code's school but I still want to take it easy and learn more and have as much fun as I can in NESBA. I feel like I will be a little nervous in but I hope I can get to know some good people who will teach me the ropes.

Jay Spencer
I feel like I will be a little nervous
Jay, no reason to be nervous. All of us have been exactly where you are right now.

I hope I can get to know some good people who will teach me the ropes.

You absolutely will not find a better group of guys than the ones you will find at a NESBA track day. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to the people pitted around you. It won't take long and you will have made many new friends. I've said this a lot over the last couple of years, but especially this year...this club is like a big family. You will get to know some people better than others, and some guys will end up being really close friends, but I can almost guarantee that if you need advice or help with something, everybody here will gladly offer it.

It's new members just like you and (everyone else who has been introducing themselves in this forum) who will help NESBA to continue to grow and thrive. We are glad you found us and I think you'll be glad you found us as well. I would suggest reading the riders manual twice so you have a good understanding of how the club works and what the rules and requirements are. The riders manual has the answers to almost every question you might have. I would also check this FAQ thread in the Southeast Region forum. It will answer your track specific questions.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=2948

I'll be at Roebling that weekend too so you can always come and find me if you need anything.

js2

Thanks for the reply John. Just from the people I have meet on this post I know I am with the right group. I will look you up when I get there.

jon686

Good luck and have fun- I did at Roebling in May. In my opinion, Roebling is a great track for a first experience. The surface was good and the fact the track is flat made it easier to learn. The CR's really do a great job, and everyone I spoke with was really helpful.