First time safety wiring

LoveTheTrack

So, I've looked on various websites and forums about the topic and this is what I have come up with so far. I'll be running B group with Nesba.

Front brake mounting bolts
Front axle pinch bolts
Rear brake mounting bolts
Oil filter, filler, and drain plug
Exhaust mounting bolt on the rear of the bike
'D' clip rear axle bolt

Anything I missed or need to do otherwise?

Thanks everyone

Dave561

Control Rider
That's great but not actually a requirement till you get to advanced groups or racing. Of course you can never be too safe

dlockhart5x

:congrats:

Good work.
You won't be "that guy" who oils the track for everybody else.

The only other thing on "should do" list is to flush out any anti-freeze and replace it with distilled water and water wetter or that new stuff they just approved (see the tech section).

For more extensive safety wiring use the WERA rule book.

2. All racebikes must meet WERA requirements. A racebike will not pass Technical Inspection and will not be marked with a Tech Sticker until the racebike is in complete compliance and the rider has completed and submitted his Contingency Tech Verification Form. If any of the items to be inspected are hidden from view by bodywork, those sections of bodywork must be removed prior to arrival at technical inspection.

a) The following item must be safety wired, or secured in a manner approved by Tech:

•axles or axle nuts •oil filler caps •kickstarter retaining bolts•axle caps and/or pinch bolts •oil drain plug(s) •removable exhaust baffles•brake caliper bolts •*oil gallery plugs •radiator caps•brake torque arms •oil lines •coolant drains•speedo and tach cables •spin on oil filters/filter bolts •any pressure fed lubricant line•*fork oil drain screws/bolts •*brake pad retaining pins
*may be secured by silicone glue or H/D weather-strip adhesive in lieu of wiring.
a1)Substantial gauge “R” type spring clips may be used in certain applications but must be wired to the machine. Tab washers designed to accept safety wire may be used. Safety pin style clips may be used on most items but NOT on oil drains or oil filters.

And to go further there are ways to wire hose clamps and just about everything thay may come loose and cause problems.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Good list. If you have an R6 don't forget the dipstick. May want to look for the reusable safety clips. They sell them at Home Depot. I use them on the oil fill, dipstick and rear axel. No need to re-wire each time.