First time with NESBA

flojoe

Hi, new member here. I will be doing my first NESBA trackday at Road Atlanta on July 26. Just wanted to say hello and ask for some tips. I've done a few trackdays, but they were with other organizations, mostly STT. Is NESBA much different? What should I know going into it?

Thanks for the help, hope to meet some of you at the track.

weber

Hello.

There are no classroom sessions for the Beginner group with NESBA. There are plenty of on-track instructors though for both Beginner and Intermediate groups. If you want personal instruction, your best bet is to seek out a control rider, or your group's captain (usually pointed out during the riders' meeting) before you hit the track, although many times the instructors will find you on their own.

The passing rules for each group are slightly different.

The order of sessions is Advanced (top of the hour), Intermediate, Beginner.

No food or drink is provided, although at some tracks there is a vendor (don't count on it at Road Atlanta).

Don't count on the gas pumps at Road Atlanta either. There is a gas station nearby.

Registration and Tech are from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Bring your signed e-mail confirmation and a photo ID, your bike and all your gear to the Express Registration table (you'll see people in yellow NESBA shirts) to get through registration very quickly (you won't even have to get off your bike).

No passing during the first lap of the morning (and sometimes the first lap of other sessions).

What you should know going into it is in the riders' manual. But other than what I mentioned, the basics are similar.

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.aspx

Have fun.

Erik

flojoe

weber;1977 wrote: Hello.

There are no classroom sessions for the Beginner group with NESBA. There are plenty of on-track instructors though for both Beginner and Intermediate groups. If you want personal instruction, your best bet is to seek out a control rider, or your group's captain (usually pointed out during the riders' meeting) before you hit the track, although many times the instructors will find you on their own.

No food or drink is provided, although at some tracks there is a vendor (don't count on it at Road Atlanta).

Don't count on the gas pumps at Road Atlanta either. There is a gas station nearby.

Registration and Tech are from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Bring your signed e-mail confirmation and a photo ID, your bike and all your gear to the Express Registration table (you'll see people in yellow NESBA shirts) to get through registration very quickly (you won't even have to get off your bike).

No passing during the first lap of the morning (and sometimes the first lap of other sessions).

What you should know going into it is in the riders' manual. But other than what I mentioned, the basics are similar.

Have fun.

Erik

Thanks for the advice Erik.

williams155

weber;1977 wrote: Hello.

Have fun.

Erik
That pretty much covers it. The canteen will probably be open to buy food during lunch...

Mike Dozier

Don't count on anything being open at R/A to buy food. I can't recall it ever being open during a NESBA Trackday. But a lot of places to eat close by.

BradJones

Welcome Flojoe.....You'll like RA...Very up and down/ evelation changing kinda track....Some dips here and there(10a and the new 12 mostly)You can cary a lot of speed through 1 & 6..More than you would think..Very possitve camber/ uphill...Fast....The S's are my favorite section of any track I've been to...After the short right at the hilltop at turn 2...Your hard on the gas back hard left then back hard right downhill toward the dip before 5...Stay on the gas till turn in at 5....You may run a little wide at 5, as it drops away from the track(negative camber)..On to 6 then seven(Very slow/pile up kinda turn) not my favorite....Drag race down the back stretch/top gear/wide open...Stay tucked and keep it pinned(whew!) through turn 9...Hard on the brake into 10a(left hander)..There is a dip there and the fronts loaded...Watch out(I bit it last year at 10A)After 10B I dont know,having not been through new 12...Yet !....See you Saturday....................Jonsie #697 "i" PS..Will be very hot !!! Lots of fluids !

seanogee

Welcome from someone who has been in NESBA for two years and still hasn't gotten to a NESBA event to ride. I would have been with you in Intermediate at RA-Waaaah!
Have a great time!
Just before I-985 there is a great little BBQ place on the left. I don't remember the name but it's all you can eat and it's real BBQ! Their brisket is excellent.

BradJones

Hey Mike.....I'll probably drop my trailer Friday evening.....But not bringing the travel trailer..Gonna stay at home Friady night......Hey Flojoe...If you really want to know the fast way around RA,Just hook on to Mike Dozier.......That cat is fast ! What do you have now Mike? About 1100 laps at RA. Isnt it?

Mike Dozier

WOW Brad, Put some pressure on me:D. When he's passing me he'll be thinking "Where's That Speed That Brad Talked About"?

flojoe

I'd love to follow your around a few laps if you don't mind. Are you in the "I" group?

That goes for anyone really, I will be there by myself and it would be cool to hook up with somone to ride with. I should have a camera on my bike too, so if anyone is looking to get some footage of themselves, try to find me on the pit. I'll be on a flat black kawi zx10r and wearing white/green kawi leathers.

Jonsie#697

Hey Mike...You dont owe me any money, but I'll take a get out of jail free card...(I'll probably need it sooner or later)

Mike Dozier

Brad, thats funny LOL !! Flojoe, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya. I don't have a clue where I'll be parked at yet. I guess any place I can plug up the motorhome. Not too many of those spots available from what I saw a few weeks ago during the WERA races.

BradJones

Hey Mike..Thats the reason I'm not taking my big trailer..I did'nt have enough power last time to run my A/C....It is nice living 5 minutes from the track, though.I'll just go home to cool down.......I feel confident again..Seem to be over my crash.....I'll find you Friday evening..........:D