First Track day with NESBA

Busadan

Hi all,
April 15 will be my first track day with NESBA. It will be at Barber. I am really looking forward to it. I have not been on a track in almost 20 years. I would like to know if it is possible to get my bike through tech on the day before my actuall track day? My day is Sunday and I will be there Sat. to go to the museum.

speedster_chris

Good luck with the trackday. As long as you're having fun, you're doing it right ;)

If your bike is clean, reliable, and you've gone through the rider's manual, you should have no problem.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
If you get there early enough on Saturday, introduce yourself to one of the control riders and explain your situation. I'm sure you can get someone to give it a once over (beer helps at the end of the day ;) ), in case you need to make any adjustments. You still have to tech on Sunday AM, though.

it feels like the 1st time

I agree w/above posts: you're probably fine.

however, NESBA has a tech inspection program that is significantly more strict than some groups. I like this. it imparts a feeling
of safety knowing that people do fail tech if necessary. BTW: bring your helmet, gloves, suit, and boots to tech.

I failed tech w/NESBA on my 1st TD. worse, it was my birthday!
why? brake pads were too thin. I argued and lost.
a CR insisted on driving me to cycle gear (in trussville) to make sure I would get (most of) my day. it all worked out, even if it was a total PITA.

but I really appreciated the lesson.

street and track riding are very different. on the track, you will push your bike (and yourself) perhaps as never before. it would have been unsafe to pass my bike's pads; even though they were not to the wear markers, track riding demands braking much harder and way more often than street riding. remember, you'll likely be hauling your bike down from above 100mph to less than half that over and over and over.

You're gonna love it. and barber. and NESBA.