First Track Day

Evill

I think I am going to pull the trigger on my first track day at NJMP 08/25.

Does anyone know if there will be tire service for that date? I have a set up Dunlop Q3's that need to be mounted.

Thanks
Ed

Dom17

Intermediate Intermediate
I think I am going to pull the trigger on my first track day at NJMP 08/25.

Does anyone know if there will be tire service for that date? I have a set up Dunlop Q3's that need to be mounted.

Thanks
Ed
Congratulations!

I have never seen a track day without tire service. You should have no issues getting your tire mounted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
2016 FZ-07
I've read the manual several times so far.
Not sure if I'll sign up for Friday or Saturday. Are there any pros and cons for week days vs weekends?

Thanks
Ed

Awesome, thanks for reading, it'll make your day go smoother.

Weekdays sometimes tend to have less people than weekends. Otherwise, the day is run the same - same number of sessions, same level of instruction. If you can do both days, even better. I find doing two days helpful for learning. More stuff to work on the second day after the first day has sunk in!

Dom17

Awesome, thanks for reading, it'll make your day go smoother.

Weekdays sometimes tend to have less people than weekends. Otherwise, the day is run the same - same number of sessions, same level of instruction. If you can do both days, even better. I find doing two days helpful for learning. More stuff to work on the second day after the first day has sunk in!
I second this. I'm still relatively new but the days that I had made the most progress on we're usually the second day in a weekend staying at one track. Another thing to consider, if you do two days back-to-back you only have to pay gas and tolls one time rather than twice and you can end up saving money if you can afford or have the time to do two days in a row. This may be something you want to consider for the future Because unless you are physically fit you are going to be exhausted after your first track day.

Evill

I have a couple of questions.

I am arriving Friday evening 08/25 for Saturday's Track Day. I rented a VIP room at the track. Do I need to be at the track by a certain time on Friday evening to check in? I expect to get there around 8:00 pm.

My 21 year old son will be coming to help me and observe. He is also interested in Track Days. Can he sit in on the riders meetings just to listen?

Thank you
Ed

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hi Ed. 8 pm should be fine. Folks renting a VIP suite are usually allowed in after 4 pm. Everyone else usually around 6 after the event there on that day has cleared out. However, since N2 has the track on Friday, anytime is probably ok. The gates at NJMP close at I think 10 or 11 pm, so you have to be there before then. At 8 pm, the room key should be available at the gate.

Yes! Your son is more than welcome to sit in on the riders meeting in the morning, as well as the mandatory Novice classroom meeting immediately following, and the lunchtime classroom session where we talk about body position and other riding techniques. Everyone is really helpful and friendly, any staff or member of N2 will be happy to talk to you both, and answer any questions you may have.

See you there. I'll be there Friday so if you have any questions look me up. Red F150, tan 7x14 enclosed dual axle trailer, NJ tags. Bike 75. I'll be pitted in the section behind the garages adjacent to the VIP suites.

Last edited:

Evill

Hi Ed. 8 pm should be fine. Folks renting a VIP suite are usually allowed in after 4 pm. Everyone else usually around 6 after the event there on that day has cleared out. However, since N2 has the track on Friday, anytime is probably ok. The gates at NJMP close at I think 10 or 11 pm, so you have to be there before then. At 8 pm, the room key should be available at the gate.

Yes! Your son is more than welcome to sit in on the riders meeting in the morning, as well as the mandatory Novice classroom meeting immediately following, and the lunchtime classroom session where we talk about body position and other riding techniques. Everyone is really helpful and friendly, any staff or member of N2 will be happy to talk to you both, and answer any questions you may have.

See you there. I'll be there Friday so if you have any questions look me up. Red F150, tan 7x14 enclosed dual axle trailer, NJ tags. Bike 75.

Thank you Judy. I'll stop by and introduce myself.

Regards,
Ed

Evill

Tech Inspection Question, do they inspect your gear, leathers, boots, helmet, gloves? Should I wear them to tech inspection when I bring my bike?

Ed

Dom17

Yes and yes. You don't necessarily have to get fully suited up just make sure that you bring it with you as your gear will be part of the tech in process

Evill

Yes and yes. You don't necessarily have to get fully suited up just make sure that you bring it with you as your gear will be part of the tech in process

Thank you

Evill

Completed my first Track Day yesterday. Learned a lot, had a great time and kept the shiny side up
Thank you for the information and encouragement.

Gotta go check the calendar for the next dates

Ed

mpusch

Micah
Completed my first Track Day yesterday. Learned a lot, had a great time and kept the shiny side up
Thank you for the information and encouragement.

Gotta go check the calendar for the next dates

Ed

Great news! Welcome to the addiction :)

Not sure where you're located, but depending on where njmp is in relation to you, might want to consider Pittrace. Heck of a track, and currently on TV this weekend.