First Track Day

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
shoe85;49291 wrote: Typically how many riders are there in the B group per event?
Depends on the track. At Beaver I would think if the group is full it would be around 30-35. Last time I was there in the B group it was not full all weekend, but that was towards the end of last season.

As far as tips, the best tip I can give you is to hook up with an experienced TD rider(s) and sponge everything you can out of them. They will help you through the whole process of how the day works.

We have a group of 8 or 9 of us from South Central PA coming, so look us up when you get there. My bike is an all black Kawi 636 with white number panels (#17).

Also check out the following threads on our message board...

http://www.scpmc.net/010_forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4762
http://www.scpmc.net/010_forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4920

rk97

Pascal;49289 wrote: Get some rest, bring lots of fluids, ask lots of questions :)

add sun block and chapstick to that list. even with a full-face helmet, you get decent wind-burn at 130mph :)

and don't be shy about letting people know it's your first trackday - pretty much excuses any question that follows!

I even made a cheat-sheet of screen names, real names, bikes, and tow vehicles to connect forum users to actual faces.

stop over and say hi.

- Chris (rk97/orange #80 honda/green ranger)

you can usually collect 3/4 of this info out of most people's signatures or avatar pics - just make sure it's really them in the pic, or you'll spend all weekend looking for Rueben Xaus's bike :D

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
rk97;49343 wrote: I even made a cheat-sheet of screen names, real names, bikes, and tow vehicles to connect forum users to actual faces.
Uh-oh a self admitted stalker. :wow:
It's a long road of addiction you've started down. Definitely ask questions and make sure you're having fun.

Pascal

rk97;49343 wrote: I even made a cheat-sheet of screen names, real names, bikes, and tow vehicles to connect forum users to actual faces.
that does have a stalking ring to it...:notsure: