First track day

geckert

Dont forget your motorcycle key.

I always freak out 20 minutes into the drive and pull over looking for my key. :doh:

Bunda350

I agree, last time I went to gingerman and half way there, which is 1 hr away from home, i realized i left my key at home. My friend had to come and bring it so i wouldnt miss the 1st session. Now i keep a spare with the truck keys!

Have fun at RA I wish i was going!

BrianK01

geckert;95698 wrote: Dont forget your motorcycle key.

I always freak out 20 minutes into the drive and pull over looking for my key. :doh:
bring a spare key. i lowsided at t-bolt and somehow bent my key in half:doh:

Trent1098S

Hey it's his first track day, don't spook him with talk of crashing.. he'll have enough to worry about on his first day.

JCB, here's some recommendations.

1. Try to show up early! You have a big day ahead of you.
2. Pick a spot in the paddock, get your stuff unloaded.
3. Get your gear on, bring your liability waivers, and head to tech (there'll be signs and calls over the intercom).
4. At this point, if you have time, try to find someone in an orange shirt, introduce yourself, and tell them "this is my first track day"
5. If all of them appear to be busy (mornings are hectic), find someone next to your "pit" area and do the same.

I have learned that everyone you're likely to meet at a track day will be helpful and answer questions. After you tech in there'll be some down time before the riders meeting as the control riders have their meeting. This is a good time to ask nearby members questions. The reason for doing this is it is enormously helpful for first timers to have someone they can ask questions and point them in the right direction. It'll help put your mind at ease.

When the call comes over the intercom for the riders meeting, follow everyone that's wearing leathers and listen. The riders meeting covers basic safety information and gets everyone on the same page as to what procedures are specific for that track.

After the riders meeting (assuming you didn't sign straight in to I group, which I do NOT recommend for those new to the track), you go to a classroom session. This will last about a half hour and go over specific information you need to know to help transition your mindset from street-to-track.

When that's over you head back to your pit. You'll be heading out to the track 40 minutes after, each hour, until lunch and then after lunch until the end of the day. The order groups go out in is A, I, B, so you'll be on the 40's. Watch your clock as sometimes, especially at some tracks, you won't hear the call over the intercom.

Relax and have fun. You'll have the time of your life!

noobinacan

take your time..and remember too warm up your tires for one full lap atleast.
learn the track and the lines.

g'luck

nouseforaname

congrats and welcome!!

remember to stay hydrated and check those tire pressures throughout the day as the ambient temp comes up....;)

jcb883

Im going on friday the 11th doing the intro thing... Got my new boots today and went for a ride-just trying to get them to were I can feel the shifter lol. thanks for the helpful replies
can't wait till then

itaintall

I'll be there Friday as well. Setting up camp in the paddock Thursday night. I'll be in a green Chevy pick-up with a small white trailer. Come by and say hi.