First Track Days Blackhawk 9/4 9/5

Roggie68

New Guy- Joining for the weekend

Hello All- I am going to be another newbie this weekend. I signed up for the intro session on Saturday morning and then the beginner for the rest of the weekend. Even though there is no requirements for bike preparation for the intro class, would you recommend that I get the bike prepped for beginner before I get to the track. I am leaning towards getting it done before I get there also, do you need numbers for the beginner class?

I have found this site to be incredibly informative and useful in preparation for this weekend. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to meeting all of you this weekend.

nickmick

Welcome!

What kind of bike do you have? Typically you'd want to remove mirrors, turn signals, license plate, etc. Aside from that, get nice tires, bring some cash and your bike to Turn One racing in the morning and have them setup your suspension. It'll make your weekend much, much better.

Roggie68

I have Ducati 1198S. Trying to learn how to ride it. Sure as heck have no idea right now. Appreciate the feedback will look up turn one first thing as I have heard good thing about their suspension set ups.

jpmunch

I just spent this afternoon getting my bike ready for track days. I am also doing the intro Saturday and the full day Sunday.
You don't need the number for the intro but you do for the rest, so I went ahead and did the complete prep, including putting my number on the front.
Looking forward to the track walk Friday night. I think that will be really valuable.

Jim

Roggie68

I just got done with prepping the bike as well. The only issue I have is that when I took the mirrors off I am concerned with the upper portion of the fairing flopping around as there is nothing to secure it. I was suprised how easy ducati made the bike to get ready for an activity like this, but then again the bike was built for the track.

beac83

Welcome to everyone who is coming out for the first time this weekend. Prepare to have a great time!

Don't be shy. Introduce yourselves to those who are pitting around you. If you have questions, ask. And be sure to stop at Pit Out after your sessions for feedback and advice from the CR's (the folks in the orange shirts). I've found NESBA to be a great group of helpful people. Many of us have our bike numbers in our sigs, so if you recognize us from this board, then say hello.

Welcome to NESBA!

Kegger

Wow lots of new blood. I consider myself new too as I havent ridden with Nesba since 2007. I remember how intimidating that first track day was. Just dont be afraid to ask if you have any questions. Ask anyone around you. If they dont know they will point you to someone who does. Have fun - relax - if you ask questions and get answers, it really helps with the apprehension, and everybody is willing to help - its a great group. You will love it!

buellerchris

Welcome to the sport that makes crack seem affordable. You will love blackhawk farms. I did my 1st track day ther and loved it. Its a great tight technical track and flat. ENJOY

Hitman954

welcome newbies! Dont forget to print your registration forms, this will help you out when teching in. Bring one for each day you are riding.
I'll have the black suburban with the white honda trailer. If you have any question just ask me. If I dont have the answer I will know who does.
Brent Sudduth