Fitz's wife talking

rk97

holy crap! just found out Fitz went down, and informed the guys on another forum he frequents.

Sounds like a pretty nasty crash, but "no permanent damage" is a diagnosis that could be a heck of a lot worse. Send him all the best from the guys and gals at OhioRiders.net

I'm sure he'll have plenty to read in the thread I started over there as well.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Sorry to hear, Fitz. That sounds like some beating and just wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

rac_wv

Wow. Sorry to hear about your get off Patrick. Heal up and hope to see you back out there soon.

fitz

Hi all

It's Eileen here again. He wanted me to give you all an update and let you know that he has been reading your posts and appreciates all the well wishes.

Found another fracture - this one in his right leg. Hopefully that is the last one. We got him home last night and he will get to spend a lot of time with the orthopedic doctor tomorrow. He was the most difficult patient (for me) yesterday but has been on good behavior today. :)

Thanks for all your well-wishing and thanks to those nearby who have offered assistance. The only assistance I see a need for now is getting that bike in the garage. If any of you are close by and can assist, let me know and maybe we can all work something out.

You all are great. Thanks again.

Meat

Eileen, thank you for the update. I hope Fitz has a speedy recovery and Eileen I wish you patience until Fitz is recovered..plus a couple months after :)

R1Baby

Control Rider
Good luck and behave yourself, Eileen will take good care of you so you better be nice to her.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Where are you guys located at exactly? I live in Beaver, plan in being in cranberry tomorrow morning, if you anywhere near there I could spare some time.

fitz

Eileen here again.

To answer the last question we actually live in Washington PA.

Update after we went to the Ortho doc today is that his shoulder blade is shattered and he needs reconstructive surgery. Will need surgery on the right leg as well to repair the ligament and tissue damage.

bad67deuce

Never met you yet Fitz, but my prayers are sent for you recovering fully, and quickly. Your wife sounds like she is a blessing! You two will get through this, and come out stronger in the end.

matt2212

Dam I just saw this one,
Fitz sorry to hear about your off. I'm glad to hear you are going to be ok. Heal up quick I hope the surgery goes well and we see you soon. You will be in our prayers

fitz

Hi all,

Eileen again with a quick update. He is going in for surgery tomorrow on his shoulder. He not only broke the shoulder blade but smashed the joint pretty good and needs a shiney new metal plate and screws. We were told yesterday that he will need a second surgery on the foot to repair the bones, but we have to wait until the first surgery heals.

For all who have offered assistance, I no longer need help getting the bike in the garage. Thanks to Jeff and Larry (and Kim) for lending a hand. It was good to see you.

Thanks,
Eileen

bigkaley

Control Rider
Thanks for the update, Eileen. Best wishes for successful surgeries to repair the shoulder blade/ joint, and also the foot. Please keep us updated as you can.... also, hope YOU are hanging in there. You are handing a lot with all this... he's a lucky man to have you! :adore: