Fitz's wife talking

dudette

WOW, sorry to hear of your "get off". Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Best to you and your wife!!!
Donna
07 cbr600rr "I" 626

BigBird

Haven't been on in some time...speedy recovery fitz...looks like the forums and tracks have really missed your presence

Thanks for keeping us updated mrs. Fitz!

fitz

Hey all! Finally I can use my arm enough to type, and I’ve backed off the narcotics some so I’m able to spare you guys posting yet even strange-r stuff from me. :)

First, thank you everyone for the prayers, get well wishes, healing vibes etc.. I’ve always wished other people a fast recovery (never thought I’d be THAT GUY) but still, thought it never really made a difference. I can now say that it most definitely does help, knowing you guys are pulling for me, improves my mood, helps me do what I need to get better, improves my outlook, makes me heal faster, again thank you.

About the off, came out of turn 1-2 at Summit bike stepped out, tried to save it, failed, next thing I know I’m being dragged by my bike with my foot caught in the chain/sprocket while it quickly started chewing off the top of my foot…… then I’m in bed dreaming about the track day and how I need to get up and get my bike teched, feelings of what a great day it’s going to be, I was happy, but with images of some poor sap getting his foot chewed off, (poor guy glad that’s not me). Then Kaley is above me asking me a bunch of stupid questions with this ominous light behind him (the sun), he must be an angel! Hmmm why is Kaley Angel in bed with me and my wife?!?! Angel or not that’s not right! Then as reality/pain starting coming back I slowly realized that the poor sap getting his foot chewed off was me. They tell me I was out on the track for a while but it only felt like a couple minutes to me. I remember asking them how’s the foot and them saying “not good” and if they could put my shoulder back in place.

About me, the good, I’m alive, no debilitating damage, with only a couple small parts missing. The bad, my left shoulder has been pieced back together and is useless for now, how much I get back only time will tell, a full replacement is in my future. Most of my ribs are broken; although very painful they should heal up fine. My broken back I’m HOPING I won’t need surgery, it would be nice to NOT have to go under the knife for once. I was 100% sure that when the bike was chewing through my foot I wouldn’t have any of my toes left. The fact I still have them means I couldn’t be happier, so I try to look past the pin sticking out of my foot that goes a good 6” in my foot, I have another four weeks before they yank it out. My right leg kind of works (I can put a little weight on it), the doctor won’t do surgery until I get some of my other parts fixed, he doesn’t want to take out one of the few appendages I have left. All this has left me in a wheel chair that I can’t move myself for another 4-5 months. But I’m healing as well as I can and wife willing, I hope to be able to ride again next year, we shall see.

About the bike, brand new Ohlins 30mm....shot and other parts…

One of you guys accidently turned the camera on when you were loading the bike, was fun to watch so I uploaded a small clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9qa2fZeedM&feature=youtu.be

I hope to be able to come to a couple of track days and hang out with you guys, I'm going crazy looking at the same four walls. You guys aren't getting rid of me that easy.

Patrick

dpullen

Glad to see you posting up! Keep getting better, and don't rush things.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

matt2212

fitz;245757 wrote: Hey all! Finally I can use my arm enough to type, and I’ve backed off the narcotics some so I’m able to spare you guys posting yet even strange-r stuff from me. :)

You guys aren't getting rid of me that easy.

Patrick

Its funny how much I missed your sometimes "strange-r" stuff Keep healing up! It is nice to see you posting again

BTW I will be in pittsburgh this weekend if you need anything

Gorecki

YAY!!!!! Damn glad to see you man!!!! :congrats:

I can't deny what happened to you scares the shit out of me and I'm so VERY glad you are in as good of shape as you are.

Keep going, keep healing, stay brave and patient! :adore:

PA Vfr

Great to see you doing well enough to post Patrick! We're keeping you and Eileen in our prayers.

1up5down

Control Rider
Fitz -

I'm so happy to see your post and to read the fighter/positive perosn you are in your post as well. I wouldn't expect anything less!

Keep healing up and taking things one hour at a time.

Allen

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Great to see you posting! The track and us nesbains will be here when you come back! Keep up the healing and you'll be back before you know it! I know you must have looked at that video and said "Whos that fat guy helping to load the bike?" LOL!:wow:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Patrick,

First of all, I am glad you are in such good spirits. Please continue to get better.

Secondly, I had the distinction to be right behind you when the accident happened and witnessed pretty much the entire event. When I looked up out of turn 1, I saw you on top of the bike and heading off track. It was obvious that the rear had stepped out on you and made you stand up the bike. It happened so quickly and in absolutely no time you were off in the grass. I would say within 15-20 feet of hitting the grass the front end washed out. You were still 50+ feet from the woods. It really seemed like you picked up speed when the bike hit the ground. I didn't realize at the time that you were attached to the bike. My final visual was you and the bike colliding with the tree line. When I talked with Eileen in the pits, I didn't believe it was as bad as it turned out to be. I did my best to try and ease her mind, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Get up the progress of healing and don't loose site of what really matters.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Good to see you posting again…It’s always a good thing to see progress!! I know you're biting at the bit, but take your time with the healing process and we’ll see you soon.