flashing the ecu

sobottka

ok. just re-read some of this and in my world (yours may vary) a re-flash is a means of installing race kit ecu software on a stock ecu, not fuel tuning on oem ecu's.
a re-flash is cheaper and does not require running a kit wireing harness at an additional cost up to $500. typically people run the bazzaz/pc fuel tuner on top of the kit ecu for fuel tuning. it takes nothing away from the kit ecu.
for stock motors, adjusting timing and redline is useless. maybe you want to play with different fuel modes or engine braking but for most people with stock motors, the cost out-weighs the benefits. with race fuel, cams and pistons, a kit ecu has much more value.

Lonewrench

A re-flash is exactly the opposite of that,you are not insatlling race/kit software, instead you are manipulating the stock ECU in its own configuration to do what you want it to do and in what parameters are allowed in that said ecu.;)

sobottka

Lonewrench;229091 wrote: A re-flash is exactly the opposite of that,you are not insatlling race/kit software, instead you are manipulating the stock ECU in its own configuration to do what you want it to do and in what parameters are allowed in that said ecu.;)
i stand corrected. as i said "in my world (yours may vary)" i 've only known of re-flashes as i described. i know people who do this type of re-flash and wasnt aware fuel tuning etc. could be done this way :cheers: