Flip dunlops 211's gpa rear tire

Jase

Hello all. Would like to know the consensus on flipping the rear Dunlop 211 GPA tire. Has anyone done it and if so, how did it feel? Where there any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Matt H

Steve even talked about this at Lightning a short while ago.

I flip them all the time. When you do this, you typically get a chunking across the seam of where the rubber is laid over the carcass. No issues or performance change in my experience.

ronhix

The real question is how many times can you flip a flipped tire?

We flip them all the time. And flip them some more if they are not too thin to hold heat.

Of course, for liability reasons (not to mention the desire to sell more tires), the tire manufacturer will usually not encourage such radical behavior.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I flipped a GPA211, after 4 sessions (at my slow A pace) the horizontal seam opened up. I had what felt like a big sideways step out so I pulled in to see what was up, that's when I saw the separation in the tread. I saw two other tires that same day with similar faults...all on flipped 211 GPA's. Now, it was really hot that day so temperature was probably a contributor. Would I do it again? Yeah, just pay attention and inspect your tires after every session, which you do anyways, right?

some guy #2

Saw a flipped GPA chunk at the seam the other day. Didn't look awful (maybe 1 or 2 spots) but it didn't get worse once it happened.