Friends slow painfull decline

Perlzuki

Wow hearing from Judy, Aman & Les are what I was talking about. Judy is loved by all at the track & probably has more fun than any other 5 people there! Aman is the NESBA spirit, he offered to let me stay at his house in Charlotte & then we rode down to Atlanta to our Great Friend Stan Braxton's funeral! What a good guy. Les my little grasshopper. You were my first A bump. I'll never forget the look on your face when Rosie & I told you that you had earned your bump. You were pretty fast on that old Honda & oh so smooooooth! You , Barron & the family from up north were always big fun when you ventured down south.

Mark
Retired SE CR

whitarnold

NESBA is a great Org. I have only ridden with them for 3 years but they "fill the gaps" for me down here in the South! I hope we can all turn what ever problems that "WE" are having around. I will help in any way that I can during the S.E. events that I WILL BE AT. We should be asking the question to the DIRECTORS, "What do you need from us?" More money? More participation? More office and logistical help? I will help how ever I can.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
whitarnold;301852 wrote: NESBA is a great Org. I have only ridden with them for 3 years but they "fill the gaps" for me down here in the South! I hope we can all turn what ever problems that "WE" are having around. I will help in any way that I can during the S.E. events that I WILL BE AT. We should be asking the question to the DIRECTORS, "What do you need from us?" More money? More participation? More office and logistical help? I will help how ever I can.
These questions have been asked for, and I agree with them (again). I see lots of members willing to lend a hand where they can (Myself included). We just need to know what to do.

whitarnold

Yes, communication is everything. As more orgs "die" and more schools "die" it is really filling up the ranks of the ones that survive. Which equal crowded tracks and events selling out 3 and 4 months in advance. So, I am in for all orgs to "to make it". LOL I get what you are saying. There has to be better communication. We all want to know where our money is. I just don't want the Org to "die". It makes me sad to watch all this and all I can do is offer my help.

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
I'm a pretty "positive thinking" person, and feel that this is just a perceived rough spot..........(I hope).

Last year was the first year in a decade that I didn't personally turn a wheel on a racetrack, so I'm not sure what has changed. I was crew chief at the AMA rounds and busy as hell at work, but I hate to use that as an excuse for my lack of participation.

I'm coming back and looking forward to a dozen NESBA days!!!!!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Here a concerning stat. Looking at "nesba" profile the last post from someone at the office was Jan 14, looks like they logged on last night at 11:44. So someone is home, just not answering the phone. Now if we could just get some info.

My take is hope for the best(something is going on but, communication will happen today and all days will be honored and money refunded), but expect the worst(bob is headed to the border with the money in his pocket and nesba is closed). Will I purchase any days until we get some information or the first day goes off without a hitch-hell no!

rssuby2001

Just to step in, I am totally new here, but i saw the same problems when i did pit crew for porsche club, the numbers went way down in the last 2-3 years and I hope motorsports will make a return, I hope to go out and have fun and meet everyone, If there is anything I can help with bull work at the track or a extra hand let me know

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rssuby2001;302030 wrote: Just to step in, I am totally new here, but i saw the same problems when i did pit crew for porsche club, the numbers went way down in the last 2-3 years and I hope motorsports will make a return, I hope to go out and have fun and meet everyone, If there is anything I can help with bull work at the track or a extra hand let me know
Many have offered to help with no response. Welcome to what we hope will remain nesba.

z064life

cooker1;302071 wrote: Welcome to the nightmare we had in the MW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
except they already have an new organization to cover the SE....it took the MW a bit longer to get some off the ground.

Madski

Haven't been to the forum in a bit. An FB thread about a new start-up track org hinted at issues with NESBA. Pretty depressing impression from just poking around for the last few minutes.
Some great folks in this thread and this organization as a whole. I've always been an unabashed cheerleader for NESBA. The best group I rode with both as on organization and a group of great individuals.
I do have to agree that something has been lost over the years. I too miss guys like Dutch explaining the white (French) flag in the AM and doing his best impression of Rossi to the B group guys. Many of the great personalities have walked away over the years, some like MM we unfortunately lost forever. NESBA seems to have forgotten something. Maybe it was the easy going comradery and relaxed atmosphere. Things seem to have become more corporate and industrial over the years.
Obviously I'm not privy to everything that's going on outside of members' view but lack of communication is the kiss of death to a group so historically grounded in being attentive to its members both on and off the track.
Like Nate and many of the others I'd be glad to try to help in any way I can as well.
All the best....

KillahK

NESBA was my first few track days in Seattle years ago. It was the perfect way to get hooked.. Every trackday provider since I always find myself critiquing them against the gold standard.....