Front Brake Resivor

CleverRiver6

So just curious about this...

Last year I replaced my rear brake reservoir with some clear tubing, and I was wondering if this would be a good or bad idea to do with my front brake reservoir? I haven't seen it done before, and I am getting tired of my front brake reservoir hitting my fairings at full turn.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I have never seen it done before and would probably advise against it. You hardly ever use your rear brake, so heating of the fluid is a non issue. The front brakes are used extensively and you really need that extra space for expansion. If anything, I would get some aluminum and fab up a new bracket to relocate the reservoir a little. Not sure what bike you have but this thing is the tits:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=695

ct451_lg.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with Thunderace. Ok to do for the rear brake, never for the front. You need more fluid volume to move through the two lines. And, like stated above, more expansion room as the front brakes get a lot more use, therefore generating more heat. I don't think tubing on the front will pass tech.

The above bracket looks nice. Another suggestion is the Ladybird stay. Kurveygirl.com sells them, It can be bent into any config, so you should be able to bend it such that you can miss hitting the fariings. http://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=654

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
Like the others said you Can't do that to the front. On my 600rr I used one of the two smaller screws on top of the triple tree to mount my reservoir to. I also cut some of my fairing stay to get a little more room. I don't know why honda didn't leave any room on the 2007+ 600rrs but there isn't much you can do about it.

dbakerpa

I have always made brackets for mine to rotate them out of the way. Play with your clipons too. You may be out a bit straight.

CleverRiver6

Thank you everyone, this is what I figured the answer would be. I always prefer to move cautiously when it comes to my brakes!

Thanks HondaGalToo- I am probably going to go with your recommendation and make myself my own bracket that is out of the way.

Thank you again everyone!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I agree with my fellow CR's...zip ties have done wonders for brake lines.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
CleverRiver6;n593389 wrote: Thank you everyone, this is what I figured the answer would be. I always prefer to move cautiously when it comes to my brakes!

Thanks HondaGalToo- I am probably going to go with your recommendation and make myself my own bracket that is out of the way.

Thank you again everyone!
You don't have to make/purchase anything additional for the ladybird stay I linked to, just to make sure I was clear. The hole on one end attaches to the reservoir, and the other end attaches to the top screw on the throttle side that holds the master cylinder. You can bend the ladybird into whatever works to hold the reservoir level and out of the way of the fairing.