FS: 02 R1 trackbike $2700

ckgtimk2

PRICE DROP $2200 cash!!

im selling my R1 trackbike for a new R6. ive used it over the past 2 years doing trackdays. it has 11k mi. on it, runs strong and shifts smooth. looking to get $2500 but id like to sell it asap. bike is located near Lancaster PA.

the good:
forks were done by CTR, race tech internals
Penske Double Clicker rear
Suspension setup very well for 180lb rider, no issues with destroying tires
Scotts Stabilizer
Woodcraft case covers w/ sliders
Vortex frame Sliders
CFM Rearsets, set for standard shift now, but have parts for GP
Vortex Clip-ons
Renthal grips
Vortex Swingarm spools
Braided front brake lines
NEW EBC rotors and pads, only 2 sessions on them, not even fully bedded in yet.
Also replaced mastercylinder with radial mount from 04-06 R1
Fresh SuperBlue fluid
Rebuilt transmission last spring, dogs were worn on 2nd gear, replaced 2nd-4th gears and dog rings
Also replaced clutch when tranny was apart, all new clutch plates and new pressure plate
Have receipt for all parts.
Other than having to fix the tranny, bike has never given me any problems, no gremlins, always started right up at the track even in below freezing temps.
Oil changes every 3-4 weekends w/ Yamalube Full Synthetic.
Replaced Airfilter and plugs last spring
Tires are Pirelli DCIII's, rear has 2-3 days left on it depending on the rider, and front has atleast 4 days left in it.

The not so good:
No title... frame was replaced w/ new one w/ blank VIN plate
Hotbodies bodywork...rashed on top of upper, right side of upper and tailsection has a crack through the fiberglass. ive covered most of it with black racers tape.
The tank is dented, left side has a flat spot, and right side is dented in but doesnt leak and is still usable.
There is also a dent in the right side on the frame, but no cracks and bike is still straight

ive used the bike in its current state since last spring, and it is ready to go now, needs nothing for trackdays

100_2885sm.jpg

100_2887sm.jpg

100_2890sm.jpg

100_2886sm.jpg

Fastguy

I'm interested.

I'm looking for a sound inexpensive track only bike. However, how does not having a title and owning a bike that you only intend to ride on the track work? How do you prove ownership? The sales receipt? In other words, what's the process for obtaining a new title for MD with no previous title?
I apologize to you Ckgtimk2 for posing these questions in your forum, if need be I hope the Admins will place this in the correct section.

Any other concerns that I may not be aware of?

Are there any rust spots anywhere around the dented portions of the tank? Can you provide pics of the right side of the frame? My email address is RLRogers4@yahoo.com.

Motomoon

Ive known the past 3 owners of this bike and can vouch for it never giving any issues other then the tranny to the current owner. Good luck with the sale. Your gonna be sorry you got rid of that exta power;)

ckgtimk2

as far as getting a title for the bike, ive never tried, never had intentions of making it a streetbike. i have the VIN plate cut off of the original frame, previous owner checked VIN to make sure bike wasnt stolen. i can provide a bill of sale.

there is no rust on tank, spray painted over the dented sections of the tank to prevent that and bike has always been stored indoors.

honestly bike needs nothing to ride, set tire pressure and go, i think it even has a full tank of gas!

any other questions feel free to ask

100_2902sm.jpg

100_2903sm.jpg

100_2904sm.jpg

and im sure i will miss the power, but i have to learn how to really ride sometime!!

ckgtimk2

ha the beetle project doesnt seem to be making progress, not much to see

and other one of the tank...

100_2900sm.jpg

Bee

So the tank as is will pass NESBA inspection ???? I am really interested and have plans this weekend . . . . most likely be willing to make a trip out to Lancaster following weekend if your not doing anything to check it coming from state college.

Saturday FEB 28th or March 1st

If that would work for you and the bike is still for sale by then PM details.

Mysteryman

I have ridden this bike, it is a sound running machine. perfect for someone looking to get a dedicated track bike for cheap.

Blaise

This is a ridiculous deal. My crappy '97 ZX6R cost me more than this because the previous owner never mentioned that the suspension was blown to bits and it needed aftermarket rearsets/clipons.

Grrr.

ckgtimk2

the suspension on the bike is on, ive had no problem running mid A pace, and the bike has gone faster with other riders, so it is not the limiting factor. i know the bike looks rough, but its only cosmetic, all the important stuff is there and sorted...