FS - 1998 GSXR-600 Track Bike $2900 (OBO)

stkr

This bike is SOLD.

It's finally time for me to upgrade my track bike to something newer and better suited to my riding. I will literally hate to see her go, as this bike has taken me through the ranks of B, I, and A groups and now possibly as a new CR. She's treated me VERY well, and I'm sure the new owner will be equally rewarded.

This bike has been around the Mid-West tracks for the last 6 years, so please ask others their opinion on how she runs and handles. I absolutely love this bike, but it is time for me to move on, and let her help someone else climb through the ranks.

The bike will be available for viewing at every NESBA event at Blackhawk Farms. Test rides will be available, on a case by case basis, and will require a MADATORY $2900 CASH DEPOSIT prior to your ride. If it drops, you will have bought yourself a nice track bike.

1998 SUZUKI GSXR-600 (Track/Race ONLY)

Make An Offer . . . $2750.00 O.B.O.

-Clear WI Title (not a salvage title)
-Penske Triple Rear Shock: Refreshed in 2009
-Forks rebuilt by TurnOne Racing w/ GP Compression valving (2010)
-New Speigler braided brake lines with swivel ends (2010)
-Carbs rebuilt/synched by MotoRider (winter 2010)
-New Moto-R fully adjustable rearsets (2010)
-New DID RK 520 chain (2010)
-Armor Bodies bodywork: perfect shape except for a small exhaust burn through.
-Paint was professionally applied using base coat/clear coat.
-Safety wired for CCS and WERA specs.
-Hindle Stealth Exhaust system.
-Oil/Filter changed after every track weekend.
-Runs on the cheap stuff 87-octane :cool:

EXTRAS:
-Spare parts motor (will sell separate)
-Old Shark Skins bodywork (full set)
-Spare set of wheels including F/R brake rotors
-LOTS! of spare clip-ons, levers, stock rearsets, engine gaskets, etc.
-Spare front axle
-Electronic Factory Manual and some printed chapters.
-There's probably stuff I'm forgetting, but it will come with the bike when I gather everything up.

**** The PitBull stands I have will NOT be sold with the bike, as I will need them for the new one. ****

Contact Info: Jim
Send PM's here, or
e-mail: stkr (dot) racing (at) yahoo (dot) com

stkr

Almost forgot about some other spares...

-Full set of sprockets Front (15/16/17), and Rear (44, 45, 46, 47, 48).
-Extra set of carbs for the bike, but they'll need to be rebuilt and reassembled prior to use.
-Extra Front/Rear Brake Master Cylinders.

stkr

ride_hard;192640 wrote: What are you going to buy now Jim? Litre bike :)
It's a secret. I've got something in the works. ;)

j/k - If it works out, it's an '06 GSXR-750 that's got a few goodies on it, and some "work" done by Joe at Turn One Racing. I will have to get it re-sprung before I can ride it hard though. I'm about 60 pounds too lite for the springs F/R.

treker8098

I ride one of these. They are great bikes. Infact, I recently let an older CR ride mine for a session; now he wants to ride it more. They are very predictible and hold like they are on rails.

gkotlin

Bump for a well setup bike. Well cared for. If he had a few more spares, it would be 2 bikes! He rides the wheels off it!

stkr

Thanks Greg :cheers:

I started adding up the value of all the extras on the bike and all the spare stuff, and it was pretty depressing to see the loss I'm actually taking. But, I know we can never recover all of our costs. As long as someone can learn on it like I did, then I'll be happy.

stkr

I am willing to negotiate "some", so please pass the word to your friends too. Somebody out there needs a very good starter bike.

Don't risk throwing your new street bike down the track and then still have to make payments on it while you fix it.

stkr

Price is negotiable. ;) If anyone wants more pictures, just post up or PM me. :cool:

Here's a couple more taken on Memorial Day.

stkr

Demps;193654 wrote: Hey Jim, you forgot to update the price in the title. Good luck with the sale buddy! :D
I sent an email to the Moderator to have the price removed from the title. Members can't change their own title once submitted. :(

Thanks for looking out though. :D