FS: 1999 Suzuki GSX-R600/$1300/Eastern IA

MikeyR6

SOLD

I purchased this 1999 Suzuki GSX-R600 from a fellow NESBA member a few weeks ago to avoid having to track my cherry 2005 R6 and risk a get-off. Well, after a couple of lengthy discussions with some other NESBA members, I've decided to suck it up and ride the R6 at my first track day at Putnam.

I no longer have a need for this second bike, and I would like to recoup the cost of parts and a portion of my travel to northern MN (850mi) to pick it up, thus I am asking $1,300.

The original FS thread by the previous owner (and pictures) can be found here: http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=14230

Previous owner ran 2 sessions with this bike at Road America and reported no issues. I've put zero miles on this bike since I've owned it. I just brought it home, changed all the fluids, and put on a new OEM style fairing stay to support the windscreen. Bike always fires right up, and I shifted the xmsn through all the gears (low RPM) while it was up on stands to ensure engagement.

OVERVIEW
~20K miles
Air-tech Bodywork
New Air Cleaner (OEM)
New grips
Newer Tires (Bridgestone Battleax BT-002 - 2 "I" sessions on them)
New Goodridge SS brake lines
New EBC rotors
New EBC HH pads
New spark plugs
New fairing stay/mirror bracket
New battery (6/19/10)
Cooling system flushed with Prestone cleaner (6/27/10)
Fresh distilled water and WaterWetter (6/27/10)
Brake fluid exchanged F&R - Valvoline Synthetic DOT 3/4 (6/27/10)
New Oil/Filter - Rotella T 15W-40 and NAPA Gold filter (6/27/10)
$1,300

Bike was purchased by the previous owner as a parts bike, so there is NO TITLE. Feel free to call or PM me with any questions. I don't have very good cell reception at work during the week, so I apologize in advance for any delays in returning phone calls.

I will post up some additional pictures this weekend.

Thanks!

Mike
Davenport, IA
(309) 339-9939 -- Mobile

MikeyR6

I've received a couple of questions regarding suspension. This bike still has the stock suspension components.

MikeyR6

BFR Labor Day Weekend

Bike is still available.

My dad will be piloting this machine at BFR on Labor Day weekend for his first NESBA event. It is now donning his bike number (302).

We'll be riding Saturday (7/4) and Sunday (7/5). Any interested parties, feel free to stop by our pit and take a look at it. Any takers can load it up and take it home at the end of the day on Sunday, or I can arrange pickup/delivery at a later date.

I'll have a blue/yellow 05 R6 at the same pit and a red 01 Ford F150.

PM me if interested, and I can keep my eye out for you at BFR.

MikeyR6

never more;144531 wrote: any interest in a trade for a 01 YZ125?
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in trades. The girlfriend would kill me if I brought home another bike right now. :) She's been really supportive of my new addiction, and I don't want to push my luck.

no problem, completely understandable. I havent found a taker yet and I am sure I am starting to bug people on the board but I am sure there is someone out there that wants a dirtbike for the times they cant go to the track. GLWS