FS: 2001 SV650 Trackbike - $2000 obo

fastfatguy

story behind the bike and more pics...

I bought the bike (8/07) from a guy that worked at Koup's cycle in Harrisburg, PA. He rode the bike for 1/2 a season or so and decided he wanted a bigger bike. He had lowsided the bike twice, but there is NO frame damage, mostly plastics and shift lever. The frame sliders did there job. He mentioned that the bike at some point had a guage cluster, but the speedoodometer never worked, then the tach died. Hence no guages now. When I bought it I was told it had around 8,XXX miles. I've only done 4 track days on it, 2B2I. The bike still runs very strong and starts up on the 1st try.
Here's a short video of the bike running (taken 10/1/08).

toptaz1000rr

let me talk to my girl she wants to learn to ride and maybe ill grab it for her to play with ... ill get back to you ...

fastfatguy

toptaz1000rr;19954 wrote: let me talk to my girl she wants to learn to ride and maybe ill grab it for her to play with ... ill get back to you ...
Just keep in mind the bike comes with a bill of sale so it's for track only... Just wanted to make sure you saw that.

Mike

fastfatguy

jixerking;20457 wrote: are you are you at least able to get a new tach and connect it to the bike???? any engine issues??

Never tried to hook up a tach, but the bike has all of the stock wiring. And there are no
engine issues. The bike starts on the first try every time!

moto-ufo

For what it's worth....I've been to 2 track days with Mike and he's never had a problem and that bike is able to turn some quick laps in the hands of a capable rider.

ericlws66

is there any front end work done to this? stock rear shock also?
Are you willing to meet halfway between richmond? Maybe somewhere in nova/dc?