**FS: 2002 GMC Savana G3500 Extended Diesel**

James911

I know I know, my first post is in the classified section, but I'm a regular on the WERA forums, dcsportbikes.net, am a NESBA member, regular at Summit Point Raceway, etc. etc. But figured I'd post my track vehicle on the NESBA forum knowing it can be of use to someone else, the details...

For Sale is a 2002 GMC Savana G3500 1 ton extended wheelbase van. It has the 6.5 Liter Detroit Turbo-Diesel engine in it, makes great power, and amazing torque. It has a little over 140,000 miles on it (barely broken in for a diesel). Highway I get around 23 mpg on average (fully loaded, 2 motorcycles, gear, tools, etc.) City I'd guess around 16-18 mpg average.

It has the extended wheelbase, meaning it's the largest Savana that GMC makes, I've driven across country 6 times with this van, without ANY issues, just regular oil changes, along with the oil filter at 3,000 miles and then the fuel filter/water separator was done every 12,000 miles.

The rear of the van has 3/4" pressure treated plywood in it to provide a solid, smooth, and insulating floor, along with a vinyl sheet that I covered it with to protect the wood, I also insulated the walls with foam, and put up 1/2" plywood to again insulate and dampen road noise. Also re-insulated the front of the van's flooring with new carpet insulation and the aftermarket vinyl flooring that came in the van on top of the flooring pad (see photos)

I have Sony 4" speakers up front, and Rockford Fosgate Punch 6"x9" speakers in the rear making good sound.

Engine cover recently redone with Off-Road Warehouse heatshield liner (insulates great, and keeps heat away
from critical parts)
Engine Block heater Installed from factory
8 Lug Metal Sport Wheels (stay nice and clean)
Bottom protected with spray on bed liner for protection
K&N air filter - treated/cleaned every 9,000 miles
oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles
Tires have plenty of life left on them (also has full size spare)
Had the wheels balanced and aligned late last year
Optima Red-Top Battery installed
Lubricated entire chassis (greased nipples)
Tinted side windows (rear doors have no windows)
Have paperwork and records since my ownership including carfax!
Wired two lights in the rear of the vehicle to operate with central lighting.
Brand new Glow Plug Relay installed (about 50 miles ago)

Also, since this is a heavy duty vehicle, no emissions is required (at least in VA) Rear metal slats (4) are for transporting 2 motorcycles (see pictures), they are strapless stands, I can leave them in for the next owner.

This was my track vehicle/moving vehicle (to and from San Diego). I've put 3 bikes in it before, might even fit 4, I have a full size tool chest that I wheel into it, and fit two R6's. I will leave in the STS stands if needed (STStands.com::: Gallery), otherwise I'll keep them for the next vehicle. They work great and I've never had an issue with them, they are a year old.

Also the vinyl makes for very easy clean up of liquids (oil, water, coolant, etc.).

Price is $7500, but I'm open to reasonable offers, seriously just shoot me an email and we can talk, thanks.

1bad7

That's about the perfect vehicle. If I hadn't just bought something, I would definitely be on this. GLWS!!!

James911

I attached a few more detailed pictures of the inside (front cockpit area), the tires, and the engine bay. Front of the van is in good shape, couple dings here and there, its not perfect, but it still looks great IMO. Just look at the pictures you'll see what I'm talking about.

A/C works great, really cold, I don't use it much, I like windows open, fresh air better. But I did test the A/C last week, and it blows nice and cold!!

I'm negotiable on the price, just let me know if you want to talk about it, send me a PM if you're really interested, thanks.