FS 2003 600RR - $3100 negotiable

rk97

EDIT - $2900/offer(?) (also updated for new tires, and proper mileage)

Looking to unload my track bike and pick up something I can take the wife 2-up on (but still track)

Anyway:

the good

- 2003 600RR that could be started up and raced TOMORROW. fully safety wired
- Scotts Damper
- Stainless brake lines
- CRG adjustable levers
- woodcraft rearsets
- vortex clip-ons
- power commander III
- full arata titanium exhaust system
- Penske shock
- forks rebuilt last year
- Michelin Power One's mounted 9/2/12 with one day of use on them (plenty of life left)
-under 11,000 miles
- I hold the physical title, but it is not in my name, and is 2 owners removed from the original, so it could not be titled for street use, but you have 100% assurance that no one is going to report it stolen (the dealer listed is long out of business)

09-1.jpg

the less good

- battery could be replaced, but it starts fine if I keep it on the tender between track weekends. Will start fine all day if you don't do 2 laps and come back in.
- bodywork isn't perfect. upper has 2 large cracks that are currently held together with zip-ties and fiberglass resin, and tail is a little banged up. I HAVE RACED THE BIKE LIKE THIS, AND IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE FIXED, JUST DOESN'T LOOK GREAT
- clutch-side engine case "weeps" (not leaks) a couple of drops of oil after prolonged high-rpm riding. This is a common thing with '03-'06 600RR's and it's a $3 gasket to fix it. I bought it, but keep forgetting to install it when I have the oil drained! Totally not a safety issue, because it's never enough to even run down the length of the case. I wipe it off w/ my bare hand most of the time...
- right clip-on is slightly bent
- gauge cluster face is cracked, and the tach needle does not "re-zero" properly. It takes about 1 lap to get used to, and then you stop even noticing...

EXTRAS

- rear stand
- lap timer with beacon
- some stock pars in a box
- vortex upper triple-clamp (i removed it to be superstock legal w/ WERA, but in hindsight, no one would ever protest a 2003 unless they're a huge douche)
- at least one extra rear sprocket (not 100% sure on tooth count. probably 43. bike is currently geared with a 44 I think)

As noted, the price is negotiable. If it's a little rich for your blood, shoot me an offer, and maybe I could remove the damper if someone wants a cheaper package, or toss in my AMB transponder if someone is okay with $3100, but thinks the price is a little high. I also have a T-rex front-stand that could go with the bike if that's the case, but I wouldn't mind keeping that for my next bike either. I also have dual temp Moto-D warmers that could be packaged in. They were used 1 race weekend before I ran out of tire money.

So shoot me an offer and let me know what you're thinking.

rk97

did the distinctive blue rail give it away?

Or were you judging by the weeds growing through the track surface?

That picture is actually from earlier this summer when I was racing there. Other than some tire wear and some more bugs on the wind screen, that is how the bike sits.

rk97

forgot - once the bike sells, I'll be looking to trade my 1-piece suit (US size 42, I think?) for a 2-piece suit.

The suit is an RS Taichi EVO, and has been down once with very minor damage. Again, I wore and raced in the suit that weekend in its current condition.

Best suit I have ever owned, I just think a 2-piece would be more practical for routine street use and occassional track use.

rk97

bump - found a street bike I'm interested in.

PM me if anyone's interested, and I can knock off a few hundred bucks in the name of grabbing the street bike before it sells...

djhunter67

I've got an all black two-piece thats a 44 if your willing to trade. I wear a 42 but I keep ending up w/ 44 sized suits (as I'm sitting on two 1 pieces and a 2 piece, all sized 44).

Str8_Lurkin

how much for just the rear shock? I have a oem one I'll trade plus cash to replace it. My shock has 7k on it. Pm me if interested!

rk97

$2500

OR

trade me a Honda XR100 plus $1800

OR

trade me a (crashed?) street bike plus $1000

(as far as street bikes go, I'm not expecting a lot for $1500. I just want something that runs, has a title, and a complete wiring harness. I'd like an SV650, or Honda F2/3/4, but would also consider a late 90's ZX6 or ZZR600. FAIRING CONDITION DOES NOT MATTER, as I'm going to stick a circular headlight and dirt bars on it anyway...)

rk97

philthethrill;259453 wrote: how much for the transponder and what model is it
Transponder is $3100 and comes with a free bike.

(I'm looking to keep the transponder an continue racing. The only reason I'd sell it is if that was a deal breaker for whoever wants the bike. Sorry.)

Boyo

Would you be interested with a mod 99 f4 with a set of race plastics?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Boyo

It has an 05 1000rr front end and a 05 600rr swinger but has the 1000rr rear rim which is 6
And the 600rr is 5.5
As well s a f4i digital tac

Boyo

rk97;260149 wrote: sounds too nice to have enough cash coming along with it.
Well lets talk and see what we can do?

Feel free to txt four four three 208 one 5 two 5

rk97

still available. email me radakchr (at) yahoo.com for quickest response and for additional pictures.