FS: New Pirelli AMA Race Tires

safeytfirst

We have some extra sets of BRAND NEW Pirelli Supercorsas.

Obviously we aren't really going to be needing them next year since we are going to a spec tire.

120/180's only

$325 a set.....less than what I paid for them!

genosr1

hello ,i'm geno and live a little south of you in granite city il, what compounds do you have and how many of each, thanks geno

safeytfirst

Rears are all 180's...tires are brand new

Fronts:
(1) SC3 Yellow
(1) SC2 Green
(2) SC0 White

Rears:
(4) SC1 Blues
(1) SC2.5....this tire is a special tire thats between a SC2 & SC3....normal club guys can't get this tire. It's basically an AMA special compound tire

I also have takeoffs available.

safeytfirst

Payment is easiest with paypal....kevin@safetyfirstracing.com

Or you can call the shop 837.357.1309 and use a regular credit card.

Thanks
Kevin

ridngsxrs

Since you guys might know the answer, whats the shelf life of these tires? Winters almost here so I'm done riding. I still have one more set so can another set last until next summer??

dean

Landshark;24229 wrote: Keep them above freezing, in a dry place and they will be good to go for next season.
Keep them off their riding patch and cold floors too. Lay them flat up off concrete as well since most of use store them in either a garage or basement. And if you are real anal like me, you will rotate them once per month :rolleyes:

safeytfirst

Honestly, we would test special stuff and almost always the SC1 was the rear race tire last year at almost all of the tracks for everyone.

Hypnotiq

Interesting.

So did you guys run the SC0 front then?

We're having issues with rear end grip/drive grip out of the corner up here in the NW. We just can't get on the throttle as early as the Dunlop boys. Our Pirelli guy is saying it was because we were running 190 rear on the 600's & 750's and the 5.5 rim was only designed to handle the 180 rear. We've tried the 180 and it doesn't seem to help/possibly made it worse.

I'm thinking its more of a setup issue with the suspension and geometry. Out of curiousity, what are you guys running for swimarm angle on the rear?

safeytfirst

That's going to be a setup issue.....we can run right with the Dunlop boys. Always run a 180 on a 600. The 190 just doesn't flick easy and work as well.

The fronts come down to a feel thing....Bobby likes a harder carcass and ran SC3 yellows. Gabor liked it softer and ran SC2 green fronts. We had the zero fronts to play around with at Laguna to help the front really dig in.....at some tracks it really helps the front turn.

Swingarm angle....I have no idea....my crewchief Don Finelli from Traxxion Dynamics handles that. I do know that if you guys are running too hard of a rear spring the thing isn't going to hookup and just spin.

What are you running for suspension components and shock spring rate? Is this on a 600?

Cheers,
Kevin