Fun Monday

Goodman

Photo-Rider
Feb 2, 2023
david-goodman.smugmug.com
I may have accidentally started everyone's lunch early and ended my day early but I had a blast. Thanks to N2 staff for running the track days and everyone for attending that keeps these events going. Looking forward to the next event.

Reactions: domarena33

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
I'm glad to see that you were ok. Hows the monster? Didn't look too dinged up when it passed me. Hopefully just picking rocks out?

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
I went too wide on turn 10, rode it through the gravel and dumped it in the grass before giving the wall a chance to meet me head on.
I found that 10 is hard to see through. Maybe it was just bc it was my 1st time there and I was focusing on the apex too much and not scanning enough. My first few sessions, I almost lost it through corner 9 1/2, I said "where the hell did this come from, this is supposed to be straight"

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 29, 2022
Coastal VA
I found that 10 is hard to see through. Maybe it was just bc it was my 1st time there and I was focusing on the apex too much and not scanning enough. My first few sessions, I almost lost it through corner 9 1/2, I said "where the hell did this come from, this is supposed to be straight"

No, you're right...you can't initially see all the way through it, since it's up a hill. If you are not in the habit, most of the tracks (not Pitt) will allow you out on the track the night before to do a track walk, provided that you aren't using anything motorized. If you arrive early enough, it's a great time to take a stroll or a pedal to check the track for nuances, familiarize yourself, and establish some mental markers.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
No, you're right...you can't initially see all the way through it, since it's up a hill. If you are not in the habit, most of the tracks (not Pitt) will allow you out on the track the night before to do a track walk, provided that you aren't using anything motorized. If you arrive early enough, it's a great time to take a stroll or a pedal to check the track for nuances, familiarize yourself, and establish some mental markers.
I'm unfortunately never early but I would do more track walks if I had the time. SP Main is a sweet track. I had a blast

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 29, 2022
Coastal VA
I'm unfortunately never early but I would do more track walks if I had the time. SP Main is a sweet track. I had a blast
I hear ya, but I was also pitted right next to ya and got there after you did. That's where I disappeared when I took off on my bicycle after we initially unloaded. You're more than welcome to borrow it next time.

Glad you had a good time, it is for sure a sweet track. Hopefully they also bring back the nuthouse that is Shenny and you can see what that madness is about.

Reactions: MK3Brent

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
Unfortunately, I have 3 more track days scheduled and Im done with SP. Since WERA isn't racing there, my time is more valuable spent practicing tracks I'll be racing at next year. :(

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Jul 10, 2009
VA

A group seemed pretty open yesterday but I don't remember seeing any CBR's when I was out there...might have ridden with you and not known it.

Stay on the gas until you're under the bridge and open up T10 as much as you can!

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
I was the slug on the stock blue SV trying to figure out where to go and how to shift :rofl:

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Apr 20, 2023
You do when you're on worn out S22's lol * I was still cutting about 90mph through T10. Not too bad

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
Jul 3, 2013
I may have accidentally started everyone's lunch early and ended my day early but I had a blast. Thanks to N2 staff for running the track days and everyone for attending that keeps these events going. Looking forward to the next event.
I was worried when I was riding up to that incident but was really relieved to see you get right up. Thanks for stopping out on Monday and catch you at the next one!

Reactions: Goodman