Fun weekend @ lightening 5/16-17

vanbreezy

First I'd like to thank B group CR'S Brian Laws & Dale Blackman for all the instruction i received from them on saturday. When we pulled onto the pits after a session. They gave me honest assessment told me what they wanted and what they saw. The first 2 sessions i ran with Laws he made sure i was on line and when i wasn't. He made sure i got back on line. When we came in He told me to back off the pace abit and be more consistant. The 3rd session Dale and I went out. That advice paid off. It felt like it all came together and they Bumped me during lunch.

I'm going to say this and take it for what it's worth. It's directed at the people Who think they are ready for the bump, no harm no foul. I thought i was ready before yesterday but after ridng how i rode yesterday how easy it was to get thru traffic showed me i wasn't ready until yesterday' Because the pace didn't feel fantic or rushed it just flowed. I quickly lost that feeling in I. It was like WOW. First session shit i passed no one but got passed alot. Right before i went out for my second I session Brian spoked to me and assurred me Hey your ready for this, just those words of encouragement made me relax i still got passed but hey i passed too and on the outside for the first time. that's some shit and when you do it for the first time in a turn it feels great.

Oh YEAH the kick in the ass by Lenny after my first I session helped too "what are you waiting for get on the gas and get around them". All and all it was a great weekend including getting punted off the bike by a cold tire in the last session first lap on sunday going over the hill too much gas going up and over rear tire broke free and spit my ass off pronto.

BUt I'm Good. see you guys and gals out there shortly.
Had all My friends that introduced me to the track out there this weekend made it very enjoyable again thanks. :congrats:

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Austin,

Glad you are OK. You were riding well out there! Smooth, consistent and predictable. You definitely earned that bump and belong in :i:.

You are right. That first pass in :i: is awesome. Speed and more frequent passing will come with seat time and focusing on fundamental skills. Take it at YOUR OWN pace. Now get the new parts and get back out there. Looking forward to riding with you again.

RICK211

I too had a good time this weeken thanks to all
hey jim #80 it was good trying to chase you man you where moving out there see you next time :d

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
definitely a high quality of CR'n was occurring over at NJMP. great advice! congrats on the bumpidybump!

vanbreezy

Thanks Jim And thanks For coming over and checking to see if i was ok that meant alot to me. The bike is not bad at all. I'm looking now to see when i"ll be out there next. I'll shoot you a PM when i know for sure. Thanks Rob and again congrats on your Bump to CR. You looked good in orange out there. Hey Emerson Thanks Man I appreciate you hitting my post up. Johnny thanks.

Dave I hate to say this but it's not you it's me........ LOL. Thanks for coming over to check on me i'm good. I think a quick application Advil helped me wake up feeling pretty good.

Rick you were riding great. I'm not ready to dance with you guys yet but at least i got my invite to the party. :adore:

dale.b

Congrats Austin!

Nice pass you put on me and some other riders when I was incognito in the I group. :D

I think you got comfortable pretty quickly. lol.

vanbreezy

Thanks Dale when i saw you my eyes got big. That pass was the highlight of the weekend. My first outside pass........ LOL

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Congrats on the bump, Vanb!! See you out there!

Sorry you had a get-off at the end of the day, I didn't know that was you!

vanbreezy

Thank you Judy. Yeah that was me, but i'm fine. Bike is ok, nothing major frame slider foot peg, windscreen thats it. Oh by the way, your paint job is VERY PURDY. :adore:

Dave561

Control Rider
Looked loke an 80's video with you breakdancing in the middle of the turn. Next time save the dance moves for after the day is over :D

You were ready for the bump and you earned it. Looking forward to seeing you back out there.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Well done Austin and well deserved! Great to see you and the rest of the crew...look forward to seeing you guys soon.

vanbreezy

Thanks Dave you played a big part in me being ready. Too bad you didn't get to see the spining in the air and bouncing off my chest part of the routine.......... LOL :popcorn: I scared the shit out of my brother. It's never good when flying in the air looking at the oncoming traffic. :wow: He had to figure out where i was going to land. try not to run me over. Then fight the urge to watch and not stop to see if i was ok. Sorry bruh

Thanks Chris it's always good to see you as well. When we met you were in I and now look at you racing and a CR that's part of what makes this club so great.

LesPow

Control Rider
slow_honda;55878 wrote: Looked loke an 80's video with you breakdancing in the middle of the turn. Next time save the dance moves for after the day is over :D

You were ready for the bump and you earned it. Looking forward to seeing you back out there.
Thats funny, Hahaha

Congrats Austin, I was happy for you. It made my day to see that look on your face. As for the crash, thats your initiation into "I" your now done crashing for the season, just warm em' tires up a lap or two fast guy.

Brian Laws

Hey Austin, you definitely deserved the bump. Most of all because you listened and applied what the CRs were telling you. You stayed smooth and consistent throughout the day and I was glad to see you progress. Can't wait to see you at the next event.

Greg ZX6R

Hey all, first time posting here. Just wanted to say thanks to CR's Chris and Brian for giving me the bump to I on Saturday. Sunday was fun in the rain as well. Hopefully see you all again at T-Bolt in July. Thanks again.

Greg

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
RICK211;55853 wrote: I too had a good time this weeken thanks to all
hey jim #80 it was good trying to chase you man you where moving out there see you next time :d
Great riding with you as well. See you out there.

StreetRider

Hey Austin, congrats on the bump bro, long time in the making. This was a very special weekend for me and the rest of the gang. This was the first time we were all participating at the same event in a long time. Sorry for the reminder at the end of the day, however its all part of the addiction. Thanks for all your advise, trust me its all appreciated. Continue to enjoy and be safe. Last but not least (so excited that i am actually babbling...lol) if ever there is a need, understand that I'm here bro!... Once again, Congrats!!!:popcorn::adore: