Funny Story Re: Lightning, esp. if you have/like kids

CBRtist

As usual, and as some of you may/may not know, I brought my daughter Ria to Lightning this weekend. No other options as a mom, but luckily she loves going to the track, especially since she started racing this year.

On Sunday, she decided to help Sara with photos in the classroom. I have to give Sara and Ray huge credit for trusting a 9 year old to hang by herself with the hard drive and handle members. Maybe I don't trust her enough to do things (as I learned from Shiloh when Ria helped with registration... to let her handle stuff).

She did really well and loved it. She's run back to the RV and said she was "on a 20 minute break and needed a snack" and then would run back. She was setting people up on the computer, asking their number, telling them how much it was for a CD, etc. Even got busy a few times and heard she did well.

The FUNNY part is the conversations she told me she had with some people. Imagine walking in and seeing a 9 year old running the show. They asked her if Sara was her mom and she said "No, she's my friend. My mom's out riding." (makes me look like a great parent no doubt) They were asking her if she knew about riding and stuff. One guy was with his son and asked her if she raced and she said "yup... in Spec 50"... "

But the best was when she was telling me that people were looking at their pics and saying they looked terrible when it came to body position and she was saying to them "It's ok" and "Don't beat yourself up" and "Hey... it's your first time on the track (or you don't know this track), you'll get there". Then she said "and then they'd laugh mom... but I don't know why because I was being serious"

Well yeah, because a 9 year old is relating to their BP struggles lol. Kids are so awesome in this sport and I'm proud to be the parent of one of them. Attached a couple pics of her Ray took, for those of you who haven't seen me plastering them everywhere lately (thanks for putting up with it). Love the look she's giving Ray in the oneRIA_N22.jpg RIA_N21.jpg .

Also, if you want to get your kid in this sport, PM me. Always glad to help any parent out any way I can!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Great story! Thanks for sharing with us. And her face in that first pic is priceless. LOL!

Bonus points for the "A" sticker and Randy's stickers.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That is so awesome! On one of her breaks, she came over and told me she sold 9 CDs. Ria rocks!!! Love the look she's giving Ray in that pic, priceless! She has no idea how lucky she is because she grew up in a family that rides, and has gotten her on a bike on the track. It's her normal, and that is soooo cool.
I'd have killed for just a minibike at her age!!!

Steve!!!! Miss you, man!

Ron R

Great story. Been trying to get my son out. Much older but he'll always be my baby boy. And as others have said. The first picture is priceless!