Gearing/ Road Atlanta GSXR 750 ?

alw319

Anyone have any suggestions for R/A for a 07/08 750 gearing ?. Advanced rider . Thanks for the help:notsure:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I think I'm going to get a feel for the 1-F/2+R seems to be the weapon of choice, I've never been there so it will be a learning experience.

stow

Gorilla;243854 wrote: Depends on if you use 1st-5th or 2nd-6th but stock is a good place to start.
How does 1st-5th work at Road Atlanta with the back straight?

alw319

I am told (have not been there) that either choice may work because the turn before the straight is a 2nd gear turn and Vinny's gearing even though a little risky on the short side -may be spot on ? Again just guessing.

Gorilla

Control Rider
stow;244178 wrote: How does 1st-5th work at Road Atlanta with the back straight?
If you gear it to where you can use 1st out off T7 & 12 you won't need 6th before your on the brakes for 10a

DFlowe

vinny337;244160 wrote: I think I'm going to get a feel for the 1-F/2+R seems to be the weapon of choice, I've never been there so it will be a learning experience.
I'm with Vinny... -1 front and +2 rear seems to work out perfect there for me there. I run out of gear on the back straight, just as I'm ready to grab the brakes.

stow

Gorilla;244397 wrote: If you gear it to where you can use 1st out off T7 & 12 you won't need 6th before your on the brakes for 10a
What would the advantage be for gearing it this way? I understand how it can be done, but not sure why.

some guy #2

T7 and 12 are not 1st gear turns unless you are on a smaller bike. I could maybe see coming out of 12 but def. not 7.

Gorilla

Control Rider
some guy #2;244406 wrote: T7 and 12 are not 1st gear turns unless you are on a smaller bike. I could maybe see coming out of 12 but def. not 7.
Running 17 43 on my 08 Suzuki 1000 I use 1st in 7 & 12

speedfree

I really got my best results on my old 750 on that track with stock/+2 or -1/ stock gears. That way it was geared for leaned over in T9 (no limiter) and I got good pull in third in a couple of the faster places like coming out of T5 and thru T6...ymmv

...another fool on his phone.