German GP???

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Is the German GP on network television today? I continue to hear that CBS (WJZ in Baltimore) is covering the race but is doesn't appear so. Anyone? Speed is broadcasting the 250 from Germany but not the GP. Anyway, I already checked the results (no spoilers here), but I'd like to see it.

Maryland998

WJZ Sucks!

They have an info-mercial for a f***ing weedeater. Then the Orioles. There are well over 100 damn baseball games and damn few GP's. One of the worlds most spectated sports is an afterthought here in the US. I know I am preaching to the choir. But c'mon, this sucks.
Gotta go now. Loading up my rifle and climbing the tower on TV Hill. :)

EngineNoO9

yup I'm getting screwed with WJZ Baltimore. I'm ticked off. I ended up looking up the results cause I'm frustrated.

ta2kutz

Joe Vital;611 wrote: wet is an understatement, the conditions were horrible. there was some good news though...
yeah dani boy fell!!!!!!!!!!!!:haha:
cbs had it on and they are doing laguna also. next week should be right on the main channels

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
When was it on CBS? Wow, thanks again for that link. Man that was a wet race...

Mamola isn't too bad commentating. Eurosport does a great job, that is different than the Speed/MotoGP broadcast right?

Nicky needs a new ride, Dani needs some respect...I hate to say it but cripes he can ride, Lorenzo crashes as much as I do...wish i could ride as well...and what's everyone's take on Toseland? I like to see him do well.

LesPow

Control Rider
MotoGP Mania

:wow:Nickey going to Ducati, so we'll see how that goes since Honda pissed on him. Pedrosa is wicked fast but missing a screw at times, bad mistake on that race especially with a 7 sec lead so early in the race and points leader. I dont like him n e wayz.
James Toseland is my favorite new moto gp rider, he is like rookie of the year. Dude is dedicated and focused. Just gotta keep up the momentum over the next couple of seasons to really make a his mark.
Sete taking over for Marco Melandri as of now, Sachsenring was his last out on the Duc. He might ride w/Kawi/Honda Gresini. Big talent that one, but the Duc made him look daft. Jorge Lorenzo is gonna be good next season, watch that guy.
Stoner is on rails he is really fast and focused. Rossi's slow Yama gotta keep pulling rabbits out the hat to challenge the likes of Casey and the Duc.
Now, lets pick a winner and stick to our guns. I say Rossi fo life....:wow:

Brian Laws

All I can say is verizon came through BIG this weekend. Not only did they spend all day Friday running new fiber to the back of my house, they were out first thing Sat to install FIOS throughout teh house. Yes, I haev received the "light," and life is grand. I watched the race in HD for the first time this year and I gotta say, I could almost feel the water splashing me in the face.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I swear I was outa my chair cheering when Pedrosa went down. The announcers hadn't even noticed he was sliding and I was jumping up and down screaming like a little girl. I don't know why, but I love hating that guy! Its to bad the Texas Tornado had ot go down so late in the race. He had an impressive showing. Hayden, dead last, WTF?!?!?!?

track4me

811Racer;753 wrote:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I swear I was outa my chair cheering when Pedrosa went down. The announcers hadn't even noticed he was sliding and I was jumping up and down screaming like a little girl. I don't know why, but I love hating that guy! Its to bad the Texas Tornado had ot go down so late in the race. He had an impressive showing. Hayden, dead last, WTF?!?!?!?
So you will probably make this your new wallpaper! Good thing for air fence!

Hayden is ready to head to WSBK or even back to AMA. CE is starting to step up his game :congrats:

20080713elpepudep_1.jpg

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Brian, I have to tell you I felt a pang of joy too, but man that kid was flying. I just wish Nicky would get the same treatment. I did feel bad for Lorenzo though...bad Joss man...oh and that might be the greatest picture in the history of pictures!

qtrchicken

I hate to agree but...

the US coverage is just miserable. Good effort on Greg White's part, but he's not really a lead commentator and it showed a bit. He was having trouble with the names, etc. but tried his best to create some excitement.

Schwantz is an ok color guy but he needs a true lead guy to make it work. BTW- Did anyone notice the rolled up flannel shirt he was wearing when he interviewed Hayden? Looks like he was out back choppin' wood. Maybe he was trying to cater to the Nascar crowd.

The best part was when Rossi went by Elias and gave him the F-U for not getting out of the way with the blue flag.

Toseland is a great rider, just needs some time to get familiar with the tracks and equipment and he'll be a podium finisher for sure. Not a fan of Pedrobot either, but that fidget is fast!

Rick Johnson

Dani got greedy and put Rossi back in the points lead.Hated to see Colin E. go down.He has been the best most consistant American in GP this season.

sooperman12

Nicky ain't going to WSBK or AMA. With his 2006 WC under his belt, he should be able to wrestle a few factory rides in GP before picking up satellite rides in his twilight years. I think a move to Ducati will revive him because their garage is very supportive; I mean, look at how they bent over backwards for Marco and he's running in last every race!

Nicky said recently that he doesn't want an easier bike to ride, he wants a faster one. The Duc is certainly faster and really rough around the edges. Hmm, much like the PV Honda (except the GP08 has more power). Not only that, the GP09 is supposed to be over a second quicker.

Dani got greedy and he paid for it; imagine his pit board "+7.5/Stoner". And what does he do, just piles it on! He should have stuck around to caress and make sweet love to that air-fence for saving his life. He's still a mediocre wet rider. Stoner put on a masterclass showing in the wet.

Rossi was held up by an erratic Toni Elias, who should have just let Rossi by. It cost him precious seconds in closing the gap with Stoner. Vermuelen hates being called a "wet weather rider" but you can't deny the fact... the kid knows how to ride in the wet.