Germany [SPOILER ALERT]

benw

How did Lorenzo do that? Casy Stoner was doing everything right. His tires were done, but was it the electronics that let him down or did Lorenzo have a NOS bottle under his seat?

slowpoke

benw;202399 wrote: How did Lorenzo do that? Casy Stoner was doing everything right. His tires were done, but was it the electronics that let him down or did Lorenzo have a NOS bottle under his seat?
C'MON MAN!!! POST "SPOILER ALERT" so you don't ruin the race for everyone else!!!:banghead:

Edit: I see you cleaned it up, Ryan -- Thanks man!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
slowpoke;202403 wrote: C'MON MAN!!! POST "SPOILER ALERT" so you don't ruin the race for everyone else!!!:banghead:

Edit: I see you cleaned it up, Ryan -- Thanks man!!!
Ya know Mr. Chris..I saw this about an hour ago and thought, "Prepare to be reprimanded for posting/discussing race results on this or any other forum before the race has aired on Speed."

I was SOOOOOO close to posting that...

But my inner self said, "Self, let someone else be the one today..it's Sunday take the day off."

So, I did..figured I'd just sit back and let it happen.

jsin38

I'm sure to get punched in the mouth, but Speed did air the race today at 8 AM and then again later in the day. Still, gotta slap that "spoiler" tag on every new post about racing...ya never know what anyone's DVR schedule is these days.

I'll go put the Nomex on now...

benw

Race was at 8am on Speed. You could have watched it Live on MotoGP.com. Anyway I didn't post who won. Everyone get out the popcorn watch the tape and tell me how he did it. He past a faster rider and his bike. :popcorn: Nice to see Spies reaction the last pass.

Gonzo511

benw;202524 wrote: Everyone get out the popcorn watch the tape and tell me how he did it. He past a faster rider and his bike. :popcorn: Nice to see Spies reaction the last pass.
At one point towards the end of the race he was passed like he parked it right before a turn. No NOS there. :popcorn:

Saltman

I don't like Jorge, but I like him much more than Stoner. Stoner can ride the piss out of a bike, but I'm going on record saying that even tho he's on the best bike, Lorenzo will repeat as champion this year. His determination and skill set of consistency is unmatched.

above all, I'm just hoping Rossi makes the comeback we've been waiting on next year on the big bikes.

Great race! Speaking of NOS, anyone else notice how Dani pulled past Jorge on the straight? He just walked right past him and put a bus length or two on him. I immediately thought that Dani was spraying lol.

benw

Saltman I totally agree with you. I've never been a Lorenzo fan but he is the definition of smooth these past few years. Nobody can lean the bike more than Stoner but he can always be flustered by close passing. Watching Rossi move up through the field it will be exciting to see the return of the 1000's.
Those 800s always have favored the smaller Jockies of Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo.
I think Nicky, Rossi, Spies, and edwards will improve on the bigger bikes next year.:popcorn:

rk97

When Pedrosa motored past Lorenzo, I thought it was because Lorenzo had a bobble coming onto the straight. It wasn't a motor thing, it was a drive thing (IMHO - i have not re-watched the race though).

Did anyone with online coverage see what Spies was apologizing for in the final corner? They showed the top 3 cross the line, then cut back to the final turn just as Spies is kicking a leg out and looking back at Marco. It was definitely a "my bad" gesture, and Spies took 6th because of it. Just curious what happened.

benw

I think the Spies kick at Simoncelli was a 'in your face dude'. Spies past him at the last moment at the last race in Mugello. Simoncelli is disliked by many of the teams Honda and Yamaha especially for taking out their riders. Spies described both riders in front blocking him on the last two laps and when he squeezed through at the end he was giving the Italians the boot. Should add up for a fiery race at Laguna.
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/latest+videos#Spies+satisfied+with+scrap+for+fifth
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Gresini+Sachsenring+Sunday

kbonigut;202569 wrote: This link is much needed, I am sick of going to motogp.com and covering the screen with a sheet of paper as I try and get to QP and the race video while trying not too see who one etc.. This link makes avoiding the spoiler a piece of cake

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos-nospoiler
Kurt, this cracks me up as I do the exact same thing! ...using a piece of paper, check book, or tissue box to cover up the screen.