Get rid of the late registration fee.

pefrey

Replace it with a late registration credit of $20.

If a track day costs $180 normally, late registration would be $200, but the extra $20 would be a credit in the persons NESBA account.

rk97

that policy could conceivably destroy NESBA's cash flow.

having money early is a lot better than speculating that you're going to have money later...

jimgl3

try renting a track for you and some buddies sometime and you will see the need for timely registration! and the VALUE of NESBA !!!

thank you NESBA!

pefrey

Wrong.
Wrong. (knowing Dutch that was meant to be funny I am sure)
What's your point?

If a $20 fee is enough for somebody to say forget it, I'll skip this track day and catch the next, AND the day is not sold out, NESBA loses. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people forego signing up for a track day at the last minute because of the fee.

If just 1 person per track day signed up at the last minute because the fee would be a credit and not "lost", that would be an extra $28,420 in NESBA's pocket PER YEAR. (Based on 2009 schedule)

jas0336

I honestly dont care if they charge $20 for signing up late. As long as I get to ride. I fully expect this sport to cost me an arm and leg.
At this point...with the economy as it is....I just want to make sure we keep NESBA running. Derek talking about the parts trailor being in danger and some of the tracks not getting scheduled cuz they didn't do well last year...it has me worried.

I'm worried about NESBA being around more than weather I get money back for it raining or charging $$ for signing up late. I am guilty of not using NESBA parts cuz I'm lazy. But honestly...what would we do if Derek (or Moon) weren't there supporting our events? I dont carry extra parts.

I say as riders and lovers of this sport, we do what we can to support it. Sign up early and take advantage of the DISCOUNT. Buy multiple days when you can and get another discount. Talk to Derek or Moon about your parts needs. I see NESBA as trying their best to keep our prices competitive and getting them lowered....look what they did with Dunlop this year. The more we as riders do to support them, the more they will be able to do to make this more affordable.
It works both ways...its not like NESBA is this giant evil empire working to get our last dollar.

ronhix

jas0336;61944 wrote: I honestly dont care if they charge $20 for signing up late. As long as I get to ride. I fully expect this sport to cost me an arm and leg.
At this point...with the economy as it is....I just want to make sure we keep NESBA running. Derek talking about the parts trailor being in danger and some of the tracks not getting scheduled cuz they didn't do well last year...it has me worried.

I'm worried about NESBA being around more than weather I get money back for it raining or charging $$ for signing up late. I am guilty of not using NESBA parts cuz I'm lazy. But honestly...what would we do if Derek (or Moon) weren't there supporting our events? I dont carry extra parts.

I say as riders and lovers of this sport, we do what we can to support it. Sign up early and take advantage of the DISCOUNT. Buy multiple days when you can and get another discount. Talk to Derek or Moon about your parts needs. I see NESBA as trying their best to keep our prices competitive and getting them lowered....look what they did with Dunlop this year. The more we as riders do to support them, the more they will be able to do to make this more affordable.
It works both ways...its not like NESBA is this giant evil empire working to get our last dollar.
RonHix is a jas0336 fan.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Add me to the fan pyramid, I want NESBA to stay afloat!

Want to avoid late fees? Do 12 days this year, then next year you're an elite member and have no late registration fees or cancellation penalties. No other club offers that, it's a great perk!

BlueMax

pefrey;61935 wrote: Wrong.
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people forego signing up for a track day at the last minute because of the fee.
I bet you weather is a bigger factor then a $20 late fee.

Twiztedjester55

pefrey;61935 wrote: Wrong.
Wrong. (knowing Dutch that was meant to be funny I am sure)
What's your point?

If a $20 fee is enough for somebody to say forget it, I'll skip this track day and catch the next, AND the day is not sold out, NESBA loses. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people forego signing up for a track day at the last minute because of the fee.

If just 1 person per track day signed up at the last minute because the fee would be a credit and not "lost", that would be an extra $28,420 in NESBA's pocket PER YEAR. (Based on 2009 schedule)
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people don't sign up for a track day last minute because they are sold out. When was the last time NJMP or Summit didn't sell out B or I

Dutch

From strictly a business standpoint the club would have major issues if we didn't offer some incentive for people to sign up early to save the late fee. When we book dates at the start of the year almost every track requires a deposit (sometimes as much as half the rental cost) to book the date. Now think about how many dates we have (over 100.) That is a very large sum of money that goes out the door during the off season when capital is not being generated. Our bright spot is that as soon as we release the schedule folks start booking events and start generating cash flow for the club. Were we to eliminate the late fee you would see a certain percentage of those people not pre book their dates at all and instead wait to the last minute (watching the weather being the biggest reason.) This would cut down on opertating capital during the time of year when it is most critical.

vanbreezy

+1 to what Judy said if you do 12 dates a year then the late reggie fee doesn't exist or the cancellation fee. Great benefit to the membership especially if the weather is sketchy:agree:

vanbreezy

vanbreezy;62238 wrote: +1 to what Judy said if you do 12 dates a year then the late reggie fee doesn't exist or the cancellation fee. Great benefit to the membership especially if the weather is sketchy:agree:
Also i think and one of the mods can confirm. if the event is sold out and you jion the wiating list. I think the late fee is waiver as well as long as you get on the list before the 14 days period.

gkotlin

jaren warren;61977 wrote: jaren is a fan of ronhix being a jas0336 fan.
Greg is a fan of Jaron for being a fan of ronhix because ron is a fan of jas0336. :)

Seriously? You wouldn't do a track day because of $20?
A bike is ???????
Tires are ???????
Brake pads ??????
Bike maintenance ?????
Gas to the track ????????????????????
Full gear ?????????????????

and $20 is the deciding factor? There is nothing better then elite member status. Sign up early, sign up often, ride often have fun often.

Write it off as mental and physical therapy for the mind body and soul. Ride!

ERB68

gkotlin;62314 wrote: Greg is a fan of Jaron for being a fan of ronhix because ron is a fan of jas0336. :)

Seriously? You wouldn't do a track day because of $20?
A bike is ???????
Tires are ???????
Brake pads ??????
Bike maintenance ?????
Gas to the track ????????????????????
Full gear ?????????????????

and $20 is the deciding factor? There is nothing better then elite member status. Sign up early, sign up often, ride often have fun often.

Write it off as mental and physical therapy for the mind body and soul. Ride!
+1 :agree:

I had a friend try and tell me the cost of Nesba keeps the riff raff out. Really? Come on we spend 300 to 400 pr day after you factor in all the incidentals. I do know some people are turned off by the $75 membership but get serious another $20 is not what stops us.