GKotlin Update

Morrand

Geezus, Greg, that's no way to open a season. Leave the helicopter rides at the state fair where they belong.

Get well soon!

Gron4

Wink;46646 wrote: Gron, someone thought you guys might have pics. Can you send me a link that I can show Greg if you have any? He would like to see them if you have them.
Hey Wink, yeah me and Mike were on the armco and Mike got a couple pics of the tank slap and than we all had to take some evasive action. If Greg wants to see them we'll get them to you.

Wink

Tina, Diane and I are heading back up there soon as well. See you there Stuart. It looks like there is a possibility that he won't need surgery, waiting for the neurosurgeon to confirm.

clarson

After an aborted phone call with bad reception, Wink patiently let me finish my rant about something and then told me what happened to Greg (bad reception due to being near ICU). Geez, something tells me if I'd called Greg direct, he would have done the same thing!

Anyway, this is a bad deal for sure, but hopefully the worst thing is wearing the brace. If you need anything, let us know.

tlarson

All crashes suck. It sucks more when someone is hurt. It really sucks when a friend is hurt.

Heal fast, straight and well my friend.

Wink

UPDATE -

The neurosurgeon just came in and spoke to Greg. No swelling, no bleeding in the brain, the neck is fractured in two places, C4 and C5. The neck is STABLE and no trauma to the spinal cord. All reflexes and strength normal and balanced. No surgery will be required, No Halo will be required. Just wear the current neck brace for about three months, minimize and neck/head movement, and Greg should be all set.

So, as far as the neuro is concerned, Greg can go home. The nurses just came in after speaking to the doc and they are letting Greg sit up in a chair. SO, if all goes well, hopefully we get to bring him home tomorrow.

Bottom line is that things could not have gone any better. True blessing.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Happy Easter!!

dlockhart5x

That is some great news! When we stopped in before noon today, he was in good spirits and his usual humor was intact.

Excellent News...

Greg, I can relate to wearing the neck brace, although I wasn't as lucky. Mine was following surgery to correct a C6 that had one of the facet joints broken off of it. Ended up with cadaver bone between 5&6 and 6&7 replacing the damaged discs and a titanium x-plate and 6 screws fusing the three together.

Mine was not motorcycle related. I was hit by a car while directing traffic at a middle school fall dance in the fall of 2000. One of the dangers of being a principal I guess. Took them 2 years to figure out what was wrong. Once they fixed it, I've been good to go ever since. It has no impact on my riding.

Your situation should be much better with no change in range of motion and that is great news. Wear the brace, milk it for all the sympathy you can and heal up soon!

Here's to a full and complete recovery.

Jeff

ctrank

Excellent news!

You couldn't ask for a better Easter present than that! :D

It was good to see you this afternoon Greg. Glad to hear you'll be going home soon.