GM or Ford Express van how many bikes?

Rassie

:tothetrack:

Anyone know if you can get 2 CBR600RR's into a GM or Ford Express van. I have to rent one to get my bikes to Braber next weekend since my towing car is not available. Anyone done this before?

Rassie

Securing bikes.

I was thinking expanding foam.:) Well actually no good question. Not sure how I will do it untill I see it. I will go over the Enterprise and check out one of their vans..

rk97

in the vans with removable seats, you can use those anchors to tie down a bike.

not sure how you'd do it with 2 though...

Rassie

Strapping down bikes.

Went to check out the van with my SVeetfighter since I figured it could be an icebreaker if the guys there liked bikes, kinda sounded like it over the phone.

First off the vans have enough mount points on the internal frame, to limit side to side movement at least, since there are no panels on the inside. I think with some creativity and about an hours worth of time I can get the bikes tied down. I would need a ramp since it is pretty high in the back and will also have to tip the bikes a tad sideways to get them in the rear door. Other than that I am fine with it.

The guy liked my SV and asked a bunch of questions so I figured I ask him about drilling some holes in the floor underneath the vinyl floor cover, he said if he can't see em he can't know about em..and he wont be checking under there anyways...hhmmm..guess it is like avizpls said..

BigBird

baxley sport chock's and some tie downs to the frame. I remember RRW having an article on this is the 2007 or 08 track day guide