Golf?

MB3

How many of you track day enthusiasts play golf? I used to, but now find it just an opportunity to drink beers with the guys. Actually, I've only played once in three years since I started doing track days. Greens fees are now tire funds and a sleeve of balls is a quart of synthetic oil. The only comparision i can claim is it is as much a mental game as riding smart on the track. Also more about finite muscle movements than outright physical power. Oh, well, maybe if it could be played in the snow I would give it another chance. Just curious if track days has replaced anyone else's prior passions.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I played 4 times a week in high school, and a few years ago I was a 6 handicap. But since discovering track days, haven't been on a course since. I still take the driver to the range about once a week. $13 for a bucket of balls is waaaaay easier to manage than green fees, and besides, with two kids, where the hell am I gonna find the time. Knowing my wife, I could do either but not both. And hands down, I choose track days.

rcr14

I play in a thursday night league. its only 9 holes,but it only costs $18. Track days are a different hobbie altogether.

RICKYROADRACER

I hear ya. It's an addiction I can't buy that steak it's a set of klucky pucks. I work in the Golf industry and I think we should play as we ride a sort of hillbilly polo. Any way I can play for free but I would rather stare at my bike in the garage!!!!

ZLTFUL

I love golfing...enjoy the sport but for the last couple of years...
TrackDays.jpg

riddler

Golf as a hobby... no comparison on costs or fun. That said, I have stepped back from my usual schedule of trackdays this year (after spending money like a drunken sailor for 3 years, I just had to) so I have been golfing a bit more to fill the void... just isn't cutting it.

ZLTFUL

Hmmm....let me think about this...

Birdie on the par 4 hole 11 at my local municipal course...

Or 170mph down the front straight at Road America...

rk97

there comes a point in every one of my golf games where i stop drinking while golfing, and start golfing while drinking.

the results are never good.

Trent1098S

^^ I resemble that.

I had a buddy from work get club-throwing pissed one time because I burped after chugging a beer on his backswing on the 18th hole. I couldn't stop laughing until my stomach hurt ... man that's evil, but I just didn't care at that point. I told him "if it takes longer to tee off than it does for me to chug a beer, you deserved to hook it."

Last time on the 18th hole he got even with a loud yell of "hey batter batter!!" I sliced the f'n ball over two fairways.

Was funny stuff.

I used to be teacher and a high school golf coach with a scratch handicap. I played every day and worked at the course in the summer. I got into administration and quit coaching so I moved onto a golf course. I played about 4 times a week at that point in my life. Found the race track and now play golf about 3 times a year... No comparison!

The track rules!

vanbreezy

Well I still do both. I enjoy the track and i really enjoy golf. On my trip to VIR i got down early the day before my track day and found a course close by and went to play I try to play a couple of times a week but if money is tight it goes to the track first. Just this saturday i was playing golf an email came thru space availibilty for august 8 lightening. Shit i love my blackberry. Signed up for it and for good measure birdied the next hole. Shot 78 that day