Good Sat. at Road Atl

treker8098

I had a great time at Road Atlanta Saturday. I am an old guy on an old school bike trying to ring the guts out of it on a high horsepower track. I did back off at times due to moisture on the visor blinding me; even though it had chemicals. I was so happy to be on the track and never felt the need to set the lap record even though I was getting air under the bridge after 10B. I just had fun. Hats off to the control riders as they had a lot to deal with during the day and I enjoyed the professionalism of the vendors. I felt they enhanced the experience. On top of all that, I met some new people, saw some familiar faces, and gave Taylor a flashback on an old SRAD. At least I will have something to think about when in the rocking chair. But for now, I will see everyone again!

TeamBeer

It was a great weekend...the weather could have been better Saturday morning, but when it cleared it was awesome. Sunday was great all day. It was a little crowded in I on Saturday, but still a great day!!!

TeamBeer

You can't be too much older than me! I am an old guy on a not so old bike trying to make sure it doesn't wring the guts out of me! But I am digging every minute of it!!!

BlueMax

TeamBeer;185283 wrote: I'm older!
That is too cool! :adore: I hit the 50 five months ago. Didn't bother me in the least but have class mates stressing about getting old. Think I'll keep the golf clubs packed for a few more years. :)

TeamBeer

I hit 50 five years ago and started riding three years ago. Bought a track bike last summer and I am now officially addicted!!!

Southerly

I think we really need an over 50 class sticker. Those 40 year olds are just so young.:haha:

I have been riding motorcycles since I was a teenager, but didn't ride on a track until just before I turned 50 (hence my bike number). I just added it up, and realised I have done 18 trackdays in just over a year. The body complains, but my mind wants more.

ecycle

I started doing track days when I was 55 and that was almost 10 years ago. I've definitely slowed down but still having a great time out there. In the big picture it's not all about how fast you are but how you get there. Bottom line, ENJOY!

Earle
SECR