Good Times at VIR North

zangman

It was hot but it was good. Plenty of open track and good grip (once a bad rear tire was removed!)
Thanks guys!

Andrew G

Tons of fun. Thanks to everyone for coming. My hat is off to everyone that stuck it out all three days. I had a blast!

bluers

Really wanted to make it, but RA two weeks before and a beach trip before that kept me from it. I'll be there mid Aug though! South/ North.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Had a blast. To those who ran all 3 days, you're a beast. I was done after Patriot/North!

Edit: It was also great to put faces to the names of some of the e-friends on here. Not sure how Tuesday went, but loved that Patriot/Monday North was relatively drama free in regards to the red flags.

How's the "B" grouper from Patriot? Anyone know?

meanstrk

Control Rider
Only rode Tuesday, but had a pretty good day. No personal bests, but it was hot as balls and I was not willing to push it too hard! I brought my son and his buddy Ryan as well.

It was very damn cool to see my son get his I bump in only his 3rd session riding with Nesba! I am a VERY proud father!

DSCF1089.jpg

Caught in the act!

S0181116.jpg

And THIS, ladies, is why there is no inside passing in B group. The Gixxer is the same bike I rode at Road Atlanta and this was his first track day on it. Wrong place and wrong time for Ryan and on the Gixxer, but right place/right time for me as a photographer..... The Ducati rider already has a copy of this pic so I don't mind posting it. Simply put, he tried to get a run on the inside and tucked the front on the brakes. The bike slid out and took Ryan out with no warning. Both riders are ok.

DSCF1173-1.jpg

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
vinny337;281386 wrote: John,
Congrats on your bump!! looking forward to riding with you...
Thanks! If by "riding with you", you mean all of 3 corners, then I'd be inclined to agree. That's about the average number of turns I could keep the CR's in sight when they did their hot laps in A group. :haha:

The schooling has only started!

sv650

Kendall
Otto Man;281383 wrote: How's the "B" grouper from Patriot? Anyone know?
I'm the rider who went down in B on Patriot, I'll be out for a while unfortunately. Ended up with a dislocated hip and type V separated shoulder, shoulder needs surgery and about 5 months to heal.

I'd planned to do VIR North also, wish I'd made it! Sounds like you guys had a blast, I'm hoping to try out the North course after I'm healed up.

As a side note do any of the riders behind me have footage of my wreck? I had my gopro on my tank but I'm curious to see it from another angle.

Teh_K

That was a nasty spill on Patriot - glad you're (mostly) OK. You know it's bad when there's 2 ambulances on the track for 1 guy... :S

Dunham

sv650;281394 wrote: I'm the rider who went down in B on Patriot, I'll be out for a while unfortunately. Ended up with a dislocated hip and type V separated shoulder, shoulder needs surgery and about 5 months to heal.

I'd planned to do VIR North also, wish I'd made it! Sounds like you guys had a blast, I'm hoping to try out the North course after I'm healed up.

As a side note do any of the riders behind me have footage of my wreck? I had my gopro on my tank but I'm curious to see it from another angle.
I was right behind you but don't have any footage. I do have a mental movie of it though :wow: You got ejected! Hope you made it home alright. We'll see you after you heal up

848evo

Did both Monday and Tuesday it was HOT but ill take the heat for track time any day just had to sat out a few sessions to recoup looking forward to the next one!!!!!

zangman

Otto Man;281391 wrote: Thanks! If by "riding with you", you mean all of 3 corners, then I'd be inclined to agree. That's about the average number of turns I could keep the CR's in sight when they did their hot laps in A group. :haha:

The schooling has only started!
You were able to keep them in sight? For a few moments I thought I saw some Tron light cycles going by me but I was mistaken, they were aliens in rocket ships! :cool:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
zangman;281482 wrote: You were able to keep them in sight? For a few moments I thought I saw some Tron light cycles going by me but I was mistaken, they were aliens in rocket ships! :cool:
I got some fishing line and tied our bikes together. It only held up for a few corners, and when the line broke is when I lost sight.

:D

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
John, congrats on the A bump. Real fun riding with you for a few sessions. 2nd time at VIR on a new bike to me...Sorry to Matt and Colin for the inside pass at the bottom of the hill. I learned real quick the patch there is real bumpy and not a good line at all.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Evil Cupcake;281493 wrote: John, congrats on the A bump. Real fun riding with you for a few sessions. 2nd time at VIR on a new bike to me...Sorry to Matt and Colin for the inside pass at the bottom of the hill. I learned real quick the patch there is real bumpy and not a good line at all.
It was great burning some laps with you. I need to up my game if I have any chance of beating you in August with WERA! Our lap times can't be more than 1-2 seconds apart from each other. It really helped having someone just a tad faster than me towing me around to show the spots I'm slowest on the track.

DUG

Holy Hell that was a hot one...!!! Lost 7lbs in two days running Mon & Tues breaking in the new bike. Thanks to :adore:Adam for pulling me around and slotting me in the next group. Made it out every session- until the stock rubber finally came apart late on Tuesday.

See you guys at Summit Main on 7/22.

warregl

I was there for Monday and it was a scorcher. Add to that we haven't had a lot of really hot days to get acclimated and that made the afternoon a rough one. Tuesday I was sporting a serious track day hangover.

Thanks to the team for a well run day (esp. Ned). I haven't ridden with NESBA much but days like Monday will change that.